PSOGC HiRes HUD (for use with Dolphin emulator)

So, I had a hard crash a few days ago and win10 wasn't able to recover from it. Thankfully I back up important stuff to the cloud quite often, which means I didn't lose much.
I focused on the main project (which is about recreating standard PSO UI in high resolution) again for a few days, and it's time for a new release.

v0.3.1 Highlights :
- New "Frozen" and "Stars" (rarity) icons
- New "Compass" background that is actually decent
- Improved "Team Mate" HUD recreation
- More faithful "HP Bar" gradient

(Download link is in original post)

I wish Adobe would release a Linux compatible applications suite, windows sucks...

Last edited:
Hello, so I may or may not have strayed from my project a bit again >_<

1st vid is for reference, 2nd shows what I worked on earlier today.
Sorry for the toaster-worthy video quality, I had to record this quickly.

tex1_32x32_f8fd11f432e08dda_14.jpg

What do you think ?

Last edited:
A little while ago I started re-drawing the whole Spell palette using both original textures and a PSO Guidebook for reference.
Here's what it looks like after "finishing" it today, for comparison I scaled the original game texture to the same resolution.
(I put extra effort into making a good gradient lookalike this time)

Spell-Palette-Original.jpg
Spell-Palette-Remake.jpg

Last edited:
SwordIcon-Comparison.jpg

PotionIcon-Comparison.jpg

Mono-Original.jpgMono-Remake.jpg

This time with greater care. (Left = PSOGC original // Right = High Res ver.)
Window-Comparison.jpg

Last edited:
General Advice : If people don't like what I do or how I do it I'll respectfully ask that they never interact with me or in the thread okay ? Great.

Note : A changelog is included with every release (Generally on the Github download page). This on the other hand serves as a kind of "thread" (shocking right ?) for people who care about seeing incremental changes and peeking behind the curtain.
That being said I'll try and "condense" stuff into bigger posts in the future.

Last edited:
Alrighty, let's move on. :p

(13 Nov 2019) Woke up at 3AM, couldn't sleep so I made this :
Tabs-Dark-Light-Comparison.jpg

(14 Nov 2019) New attempt at making a rod icon. (Assuming the "dangling" white pixel is an artifact)
Rod-Original.jpg Rod-Remake.jpg

(6 Dec 2019) This morning and early afternoon was spent looking for small but visible issues in vector drawings of the PSO High Resolution projects, found several and fixed them. Also improved several front-facing UI elements' shapes slightly.

The rest of the afternoon was dedicated to tweaking Normal / Special / Strong Attack icons. Better faithfulness was achieved
smile.png

GPOP8P_2019-12-06_21-34-16.pngGPOP8P_2019-12-06_21-34-08.png

(10 Dec 2019) "Start Menu Panel" has seen a few accurateness-related improvements which led to minor but important changes.
Rough_lowres.pngCareful_lowres.png

Last edited:
v0.4.0 has been released. A lot of work went into this one.
Textures are now in BC7 DDS format, this means better performance, especially when using this pack alongside other ones.

Main Menu

• All New "Player x" texture
HUD

• All-new Spell / Photon Blast / Trap icons
  • All-new Spell / Photon Blast / Trap as well as Action BG (which is a sort of foil to the icons)
  • All New "Active Photon Blast" status icons
  • All-new "Slow" and "Poison" status icons
  • All-new "Armour" and "Barrier / Shield" icons
  • All-new "Mate" (consumable) icon
  • Sword/Saber icon has been heavily tweaked in order to improve accurateness
  • "Fluid" (consumable) icon has been heavily tweaked as well
  • "Paralysis" status icon has been improved
  • "Shock" status icon no longer looks imbalanced (it's top is no longer wider than it's bottom)
  • "Rod" icon has been heavily tweaked
  • All-new dark and dark-ish "Tabs"
  • Menu "Tabs" corners have been tweaked in order to make them more faithful to original art
  • HP/TP/Level background elements (that appear on "Status/Player Panel" and "Partner Panel") have been redesigned
  • "Gem Slot" on "Partner Panel" has seen it's outline stroke width increased from 2 units to 3 to better match original art
  • Multiplayer-mode "Gem Slot" has been tweaked
  • Normal / Special / Strong Attack icons have been tweaked in order to make them more faithful to original art
  • "Start Menu Panel" overall shape and detail have been noticeably improved
  • "PB Count" icons' glow has been increased
Minimap

• All new "Compass" texture

Note : Folder structure has been changed which means one should uninstall any previous version before installing this one.

Last edited:
v0.4.1 has been released.

- Improved Top-Panel-Holder shape
- Much Improved shading on Start Menu Vertical Tab / Partner Panel / Player Panel

Shading on the main hud in previous version was far from satisfactory, in truth I felt slightly ashamed that by facing the problem head-on and re-doing the shading from scratch I made it look far better in only two full days of work. So I decided to do a follow-up release to address that.

Note : I've update the first post to make it far clearer and to make it an more pleasant read.

Last edited:
I have released PSOGC High Res UI v0.5.1 and PSOGC High Res HUD Font v0.5.0 get them from first post.

Last edited:
All upvotes/emoticons/comments in this forum and elsewhere helped me feel a bit better, so I opened this and some other project's repos again :)

Last edited:
Back