PSA on boss boxes / containers.

Ade

;3
Hi everyone,

When a boss dies, please don't destroy the boxes they leave behind immediately. The main bosses where this is an issue are Vol Opt and Saint / Shamb / Kond. If you destroy the boxes before Player 1 (the party leader) is finished with the death cutscene, you negate the drop, so multiple players can end up getting screwed out of whatever drops WOULD have been in there. Including high-hit-percent non-rare weapons that are extraordinarily rare.

With Vol Opt, box drops often get negated because someone throws down a Gifoie before the boxes spawn, destroying them before they spawn in for the party leader.

With Saint / Shamb / Kond, sometimes the party leader seems to get stuck in the "hero" screen longer than everyone else, so if you destroy the boxes before they spawn on the party leader's screen, they get nothing.

This doesn't seem to be something people have figured out over the years and it's very frustrating. Please. For the love of God. When a boss dies, just wait a few darn seconds after the boxes appear before breaking them open. Doing otherwise is inconsiderate.

Last edited:
I'm sure people who didn't know this will use this knowledge to act appropriately and considerately, right? No way anyone uses this to grief the party leader, right? Right? :lenny:

I'm sure people who didn't know this will use this knowledge to act appropriately and considerately, right? No way anyone uses this to grief the party leader, right? Right? :lenny:

I play PSO for enjoying the company of my team first and loot second. So if random players grief me and cause me to miss out on potentially valuable loot for amusement, I won’t hesitate to blacklist them.

The number of laugh emoji responses to my initial post is disheartening.

My 65 hit Charge Vulcan came from a boss box, so when drops get negated it makes me wonder what else I’ve missed out on, and that’s upsetting.

Back