Proposed Drop Charts

I'm digging the changes, especially in the mines. I'm just less excited to see all the "junk rares" that drop multiple times on the same ID in the same area still around. (Oran Forest Cross Scar, Pinkal Storm Wand, and Skyly Dragon Slayer for example.)

Can we get V801 from Pinkal Delsaber instead of Swordsman Troll?

Initial thoughts: Looks pretty good! I like the addition of vjayas/vises through-out. Kinda wish some of the sinow red drop rates were a bit better though.

Purp/Yellow PoD are already the go-to IDs; with the the lowered drop rate of cent/ability and the removal of liberta kit, I fear that players are even less likely to run it on other IDs.

Edit: didn’t realize lame was removed from yellow; making purple really the only ID worth running pod on.

Last edited:
There's a crapload of Sinows in LSB and in Random Attack XRD, especially if you get one of the rare maps.

To me this seems to have been done very carefully. I look forward to the free Section ID change and carefully reviewing what I want to hunt.

Couldn't disagree more with this. Basically some IDs gained mines, very good mines. At a price. v101 is now 1\3072, three times as rare as it was before. Why? I'm not even putting into consideration the differences between baranz\sinow blue VS Zu. I think v101 should stay in "that" middleclass where it's worth 10\15pds, with these changes? I say a lot more.
Still loaded with crappy (very crappy) items. Suppressed gun? god\legs? god\battle and some more that barely belong to V.Hard. [I know crappy items are going to be around anyways, but the change is happening so...]
And what's with Redria? More h\battle (had one already) at the cost of pretty much all the rest, leaving it with literally 3 mobs worth hunting!

Somebody said these changese are meant to diversify but all I can see here is less viable IDs and more mines for some.
In my opinion a similar result could've been reached by giving some little interesting things to do in different areas, maybe all of them. Little but useful things.
This is more looking like a focus on one particular (and obnoxious) area that very few really "explore" and I can totally agree with that. But the price paid looks too high.

P.S. If somebody told "we're taking out ,say, god\legs from ULT and replacing it with Luck Mat" I'd say that would be great. This is my idea of useful little things.

My 2 Cents:
  • V101 a mines exclusive making Mines a more played area was always a decent idea; taking some of the spam away from E4 (which will still get played lots for its great drops). The rate increase to compensate for quests like LSB/Xrd which will get spammed for these is good; not too harsh and reasonable, it's about 3x the rate before and LSB has about 3x the Sinow Blues vs the Zus in ma4b for the previous drop.
  • An ultimate S-parts2.01 is a big move. Lots of people just never hunt this because of it being in normal and hunting high rates there is just awful even if it is quicker (just overall boring), and trying to get them via gambles is tedious and money wasting also. Having that exclusively to Oran which still gets v101 makes Oran a mines beast. Which in my opinion is good, not because it's my favourite colour but because it truly deserves some love, as one of the worst ID's currently.
  • A lame D'argent Sinow Blue drop meaning you can get lame in every Episode but no longer in POD. I like the whole having one in each episode since this won't affect the economy significantly; finding high hit Lame will always be ridiculous. But moving it out of POD IMO means a lot less POD, of which I never really did anyways atm. It will always be that good Dragon Scale Hunt though. With adding V101 to Yellowboze as well as this change it's keeping Yellow up there as a decent ID.
  • Moving Red Ring to Greenill moves the ID out of the shadows since it was also one of the worst ID's. Running TTF on either Green or Viridia seems optimal now because they are an RR hunt with a chance of v101, Shouren & (For Viridia Delsaber Lore) along the way.
  • I am loving the addition of Vjaya/vises/Musashi, especially how you kept them on specific ID's rather than simply just all over. This caters to different hunts per id. What I love about these weapons even if low rates and easy hunts, people are always looking for higher hit of these which makes all of these hunts worth checking out.
Vjaya Drops to Bluefull Vulmer/Gilchich/Claw @1/213 + Merlan [E2] @1/204
Vise Drops to Purplenum Vulmer @1/213 + Canabin @1/182
Musashi Drops to Oran Vulmer/Arlan @1/213
  • Decent unit's like Heavenly/Powers + Arms have been moved around here and there to create filler for some ID's. This is a nice change and can impact whether that ID is worth hunting on or not in an area sometimes. Also creates lots more variety of play which is always good.
  • Swordsman Lore getting more drops on Assasin and Delsaber makes Ruins and Caves having more ID variety rather than the usual Purple/White. One of which being on Skyly buffing those beautiful calibur runs.
  • LK&38 Combat Mericarol Yellowboze @1/393 is a nice addition, an item people desire with hit and doesn't have many other drops. This is a good chance to Hunt Meris for and again brings variety to the table.
  • Getting rid of Zu Smartlink and giving it Viridia Gulgus [E2] or Hildelt [E1] Pinkal @1/1280 also means for those that don't have one, they have hunts on different ID's in those areas to look forward too. Still, though I think they are too easily gotten; I would love to see these rates risen more with the change, especially the Hildelt drop since they are easy to hunt + quests with many of them.
  • Liberta Kit moved to a Gilchich [E2] drop @1/4000 & Detonator drop @1/2500 still keeps these as a hard drop to hunt, keeping the value; but moving this away from POD along with the other drops is nerfing the quest somewhat. The only thing ''worth'' playing POD on now is Purplenum unless your specifically hunting MG+, BOVN or Cent. They are just less desired items, still very good ones though.
  • An Invisible Guard ultimate drop is another big change same as Sparts. Not to the same degree but it's still another normal difficulty item that's annoying to hunt. This on Astark Viridia @1/5000 doesn't exactly make it easier to get or kill the value either, it's a pretty tough hunt but one I am glad we got.
  • Taking the Heavenly/Power & Mind's away from the Del Rappies gave you free roam to use them as filler elsewhere but also making them harder to hunt possibly increasing their values; while also giving variety of hunts for them, Great items for leveling up and learning techs. Poor Del Rappies are now going to be hated even more.
That's about all of it.

Last edited:
I'm going to post this so stuff is easier to see at a glance when it comes to overall balance. You can also see it on the spreadsheet link on the second tab.

upload_2018-10-2_12-6-53.png
upload_2018-10-2_12-7-7.png

In my opinion a similar result could've been reached by giving some little interesting things to do in different areas, maybe all of them. Little but useful things.
Okay, like what? Things like Luck Materials are pointless, they already drop everywhere so that would be a bit pointless.

Adding lots of drops everywhere would just deflate everything, which is not the plan. The only real thing that could be scattered around a lot are Vjaya, Braveman, Vise and Musashi. Adding other things everywhere would only make things drop too much.

It's very easy to say you disagree, but coming up with this current revision of the chart wasn't too easy, as we feel there just aren't enough items to really spread around without adding extra drops of things, which we don't really want to do.

IMO oran and yellow v101 could stay in ep4, I don't think every v101 drop needs to be in mines to get people to play that area and these new charts leave oran and yellow with really weak ep4 drops. Yellow SL could probably stay in ep4 too. I'm not really a fan of putting shouren in caves since that area is targeted toward lower levels and already has some decent drops (kinda the same as some of the ep4 items in temple/spaceship). What about putting some of the ep2 items that were put into temple/spaceship into ep1 since there aren't really any quests in those areas now (last I checked at least). Seabed as a whole is still pretty weak too. I like giving greenill a RR drop.

I'm a fan of the changes overall. Personally, I'd like to see SoF out of ep 4 only with an ID or two and asteron belt added as a drop for a common/large enemy (but that's just wishful thinking/bias). Really excited for these changes to be implemented, thank you!

Last edited:
It's very easy to say you disagree, but coming up with this current revision of the chart wasn't too easy, as we feel there just aren't enough items to really spread around without adding extra drops of things, which we don't really want to do.
Never thought it was easy! I'm not pointing the finger at anyone nor I'm telling that I could've done better. Maybe I just expected something "different" from the classic extra-grindy feel, but it ended up feeling like a rant. Sorry!

Can't say I'm overly enthused by the changes but I do agree and respect the careful consideration of not ruining the overall drop chart balance. I'm disappointed to see none of the Gallon Shop items were added to the drop table (Magic Water, Parasitic Cell Type D, Photon Booster, Blue Black Stone). Berill Photon was added in Ep.2 to Sinow Berill, why not inject the other items in?

If I may be so bold, here's what I would do:

Magic Water: Purplenum and Pinkal Hildet @ 1/1204
Parasitic Cell Type D: Oran and Yellowboze De Rol Le @ 1/23
Photon Booster: Greenill Vol Opt @ 1/64 and Oran/Whitill Baranz @ 1/2400 approx.
Blue Black Stone: Purplenum and Oran Delsaber @ 1/2400 approx. (note: changing Redria's Delsaber's Left Arm drop to something else would be nice so that none of the ID's get either of it's useless arm drops in Ult.)

Of course my suggestion is open to further tweaking if considering, but I implore you to consider making this happen. As far as I know, virtually nobody spends PDs on the aforementioned items from Gallon's shop. We've had all but Magic Water made available through events in various forms so having them as static hunts would be awesome.

Otherwise, thanks very much for the time taken to work on these proposed changes!

hi
I propose,I would like the 6 color (green, purple, white, black, yellow and especially blue ring)can be droppable on recon 1/100 or on another enemy.if possible the armor Kroe's Sweater ( equipable for hunewearl only)could also be droppable on boss sil dragon or pal rappy,it's just a suggestion.

Back