Possible Issues with Gamecube Controller

Skularach

Hello everyone,

I am an offline PSO 1/2 veteran, but I am quite new to Ephinea and Blue Burst in general, so I apologize in advance if one of my issues is just a difference between BB and what I am used to.

I am using an official Gamecube controller plugged into a Mayflash adapter to play on the server, and I have noticed two weird things. The first is that my C-stick is not recognized at all (I usually use it to move around on the R+Y menu) even in the gamepad configuration window.

The other is that I can only run straight forward - if I try any other direction, say pushing up and to the right, my character will always walk instead of running.

I know its not the controller or the adapter because both things work fine in PSO 1/2 for Dolphin, but it definitely could be other configuration items that I don't have set up properly.

Thank you in advance for your time,
Skularach

Aleron Ives

If you want the C-Stick to do stuff, you would have to use an external program such as JoyToKey or Xpadder to map the C-Stick directions to your directional pad axes, as GC is the only version of PSO to basically support two directional pads at once. As for your running problem, have you tried calibrating the controller in the Mayflash setup window as well as mapping it explicitly within BB's options menu?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
BB can support two sticks at once, but you need to set it up in the options yourself because the right-stick isn't automatically defined. I can D-Pad and Right Stick the menus without Xpadder on my PS3 controller fine.

Skularach

Thank you both for the responses. I am not sure what exactly did it (played with both JoyToKey and XPadder), but Ephinea's Pad Button Config finally recognizes my C-stick so I was able to set that up properly. As for the running issue, I have mapped it inside that same Pad Button Config menu, but if there is a Mayflash setup window I have no idea how to access it, it was basically plug-and-play so the only configuration I did with it was with the program I wanted to use (Dolphin, etc). I am trying to see if there is a way I can pull one up right now.

conenubi701

קרטל אל
Weird, i used a joybox back in 2009 until about 2011 with an original Xbox "duke" controller and a GC controller. I had a similar issue with the GC controller until i started using Joy2Key.

Skularach

Finally solved the running issue by using XPadder to turn the deadzone size way down, and calibrating the control using Window's USB Controller configuration. Thanks again to everyone for their helpful advice, I am so happy to be able to run rings around garanzes again!

Aleron Ives

The Mayflash driver has a configuration window inside the Windows Control Panel for controllers and other input devices, which it sounds like you found.