Playlists/Artists to fuel PSO

zerimaR

Guildcard
So I see there is a thread for what we're listening to now, but I'd like to share some music that seems eerily appropriate for PSO or just gaming in general. Back when I was discovering and delving into Enter the Gungeon (highly recommended), I began putting a playlist of such instrumentals together and finding music along the lines of some of the soundtrack to Hotline Miami. Electronica and IDM seem to fit best, with a focus on avoiding things that are too repetitive or boring versus more progressive or experimental stuff.

I love sharing lesser-known artists in addition to heavyweights like Aphex Twin or Squarepusher. It is a given that some music may be exclusive to one platform -- good music deserves some effort to hunt down occasionally -- but please don't let that discourage you from sharing whatever. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Spotify and Soundcloud for example just require an e-mail to register, not forking over moola. Besides, this is intended to be a springboard for discovery, so youtube links or compressed versions are just as welcome. Sharing music is a personal passion of mine over the years, so if anyone likes something here and wants to know more, I have done quite a lot of sifting and sorting and may be able to save some time with recs as there are often as many or more misses for every hit in terms of the gems. I'm looking forward to expanding and exploring what some of you have to recommend, so please share and discuss if you have something to add!

Playlists:

1. Squarepusher playlist (Soundcloud): Endless Flamethower v1.0
2. Personal playlist (Spotify): Gungeon Style
3. Esbe playlist (Soundcloud): Tunnel Vision Vol. 4 [chill/trip hop / lofi]

Individual artist or song recommendations (cherry-picked to give an idea of their sound):

1. Squarepusher: Midi Sans Frontieres (Avec Batterie), Energy Wizard
2. Esbe: Missed Calls, Shiver
3. Anitek: CityStrum, Square One, Hot Box
4. Scattle: Remorse, Bloodline
5. Oddisee: Patience in Play, Fork in the Road, Live From the Drawing Board
6. Plaid: Melifer, OH, Wen
7. Ed Harrison: Annul, Tin Soldiers, Tachi
8. L'Indecis: Staying There, Soulful, Second Wind
9. Cocainejesus: Forgot?, She, Lil Camp Counselor, Death Is a Thing of the Past
10. Hot Sugar: He Sells Drugs at the Renaissance Faire, How Could You Believe Those Things, For the Birds
^^I've really been digging those last two lately

I promise to update this later with another list of specific songs I think go very well with PSO or seem reminiscent of the better songs in the game, so there's more to listen forward to...til then, I hope to hear stuff from everyone else soon!

Back