Oldies PSO Dreamcast

MEIERLINK

Vampire Gothic Lolita ADN Mutated
Guildcard
Hello Fellow Hunters,

In this topic I suggest everyone post everything about PSO's Dreamcast V1 & V2.
I hope that will delight older Hunters and also younger ones ^w^.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In August/September 2000, for the first time, this sentence resounded : Welcome to the "Phantasy Star Online"World!!

The image below is taken from the official site of the Sonic Team for PSO on October 18th 2000.

sonic team site.jpg
You can enter the site through the Internet Archive - Wayback Machine - : Enter the Crypt

And that is the promotional movie presented at the Tokyo Game Show 2000 (spring) that we could download then :

Last edited:
Thanks Mew ! The Phantasy Star series on Sega Genesis are for me the discovery and initiation of Role-Playing Video Games.
I haven't play PS1 on Master System but the release on Playstation 2 - Phantasy Star Collection -.

@1:01 Was WONDERING where that funky looking claw came from~!
Rika, or Fal in Japan, had that claw in the awesome official artwork as well! My head nearly exploded when I learned this a few years ago, especially since I'd played PSO and PS4 well over a decade before I noticed. It's an interesting bit of continuity from Sonic Team's end, since it doesn't actually show up looking like that in the game.
cvb-jp-Phantasy_Star_IV.jpg

Last edited:
Rike, or Fal in Japan, had that claw in the awesome official artwork as well! My head nearly exploded when I learned this a few years ago, especially since I'd played PSO and PS4 well over a decade before I noticed. It's an interesting bit of continuity from Sonic Team's end, since it doesn't actually show up looking like that in the game.
cvb-jp-Phantasy_Star_IV.jpg
Mew has one in need of a loving home if you'd like to add one to your toybox for Nostalgia sake? =3

About the Grass Assassin in the Forest Area, it may be taken from a kind of "Phantasy Star Online Beta" : Phantasy Star Online (Dec 14, 2000 prototype)
No, it's probably from way before the leaked prototypes/betas. The commercial in OP is from Tokyo Game Show 2000 which was 8 months before PSO's release.

The pink disc is pretty much V1... Which makes sense, it was built only a week prior to V1's release date.

@Rook : No, but maybe one day, I'll try. It can be interesting >^w^<
@Ender : You must be right. There are many months between Tokyo Game Show 2000 and this "pink" prototype. It must come from an older stage of development.

Boitier.jpgcassette .jpg

The Greatest Range on Earth was VHS cassette only available in the UK, released to promote the Sega Dreamcast in Summer 2000. The Greatest Range on Earth was likely an exclusive product to GAME and stores.
The cassette contains footage of upcoming (or recently released) games, including Phantasy Star Online.

Love the Sloooow motion, the Grass Assassin on Forest 1 and the music ! ^w^

Ads on magazine in 2000.
Vertically, on the left, there is written : " There are things you can't do alone ".
Ash says : " I shouldn't have come alone " and " bigger than i thought ".

Ads 2000.jpg

Back