Patching offline server

TediousEel

First, allow me to start off by saying this: You ladies and gentlemen are phenomenal for making and maintaining one of the best game series I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I downloaded the offline version of your server, and have been enjoying the nostalgia of being a teenager all over again (since the dc version came out and online console gaming became a true possibility). Reading over the ephinea homepage, a few questions popped up for me. Please, bear in mind that I am in no way a coding genius, the last programming language I even fooled around with was Basic on an old tandy with a a floppy drive. On to my questions:

1. Would it be possible(and if so, would you please) to send me a patch file so I am able to play the entirety of the game in normal mode? In other words, the coding allowing switches to stay activated once stepped on by a single player?

2. Could you create a noob friendly UI to allow me to up rare enemy counts that are coded into the client and/or server?

3. A patch allowing me to add team rewards to the offline server? I tried creating a team, and there were no rewards at the counter whatsoever, just a handicapped sign over my head, lol.

Anyway, a swift reply to these questions would be very much appreciated. You coding magicians have made this game a fresh experience for me all over again. Thank you.

Edit: If Lee is still around somewhere, or one of you has access to his mats/max stats UI patcher, that tool would be of great use to me for balancing character classes on the offline server. Once again, thank you for your time, effort, and dedication to IMO one of the best Sega games to ever play.

Last edited:

Soly

2 (rare enemy counts) if you mean to bump up how many rare monsters appear these are either set by the quest you are playing or randomly selected, the randomly selected ones go up to 16 (iirc), to increase that both client and server need to be modified which I don't see happening for old teth.

3 Some team related code is missing in the old teth, team rewards, team points, team leaderboards, etc, so that's probably not gonna happen either.

For 1, iirc Matt had changed that a while ago for Ephinea, not sure if he/Soda/Tofu would be up to posting those files publicly but they also have other modifications which will make them incompatible (really just breaking monster IDs and stuff like that) in a vanilla client.

TediousEel

Thank you very much for your quick reply, Soly. I just started up on the ephinea server earlier today. It really is remarkable. The amount of work put into this project had/has to be massive, so I understand if the staff is reluctant to release any extra code for the offline server. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask, as I am a coding idiot.

P.S. I have been using the tools you made publicly for the offline server, and they've been such a pleasure to use. Noob-friendly UI, ease of access, etc. Thank YOU very much for your hard work as well. I think I speak for all computer luddites when I say that you and the rest of the people here are excellent at speaking in laymen's terms how/why things can or cannot be implemented.