Password or Username Incorrect

Aricks3

I recently followed the DAT instructions for starting a Teth server for solo fun times. Everything was functioning up until I attempted to sign in in the client. When I do sign-in and click start game it brings me to the welcome screen and prompts me to press enter. I press Enter and get the Password or Username incorrect error. In researching how to fix this I tried used Createtethexe.exe for a new PSOBB.exe and then ran newtable for a new BBtable.h and bbtable.bin both of which I copied into Login_Server because just bbtable.h wasn't changing anything alone. I then ended the Ship, Login, and Patch servers and restarted the programs. BTW I changed absolutely nothing. all the IP's are still 127.0.0.1 because only this computer will be using the Server for now. Basically I got this same error a few months ago when I tried this before honestly it was November lol. Any help would be nice I'd like to not have to restart the process though.

EDIT: I think I fixed it I got the Old CLient error which I fixed by changing the CreateTethexe to TethVer12510. In the event i still have problems I'll leave this open knowing my luck

Last edited:

Soly

Keep in mind that if you create a new exe (with a new table) you have to "recompile" the login with the new bbtable.h

Aricks3

Thank you for the tip Soly from what I've seen you're pretty awesome to people makes me have faith in the internet again.