"Number of times he/she helped new player(s) on a quest."

d7hXRtf.jpg

I’ve been holding this idea for too long (for a year I think), I might as well push it out before I forget. This time I’ve made this shorter than the last time I’ve written on it.

No new items nor mechanic changes. Just something to add to the leaderboards.

The goal is obvious, encourage experienced players to help new players.

How it works?

A high level player that is around level 100+ is helping 1 to 3 players that are below level 20 on normal difficulty quest. If they are level 21 and above then it won't count. Why would a high level player join normal difficulty party? Well 9 out of 10 times they just want to help.

After successfully ending a quest, the high level player gains one point from each new player that he/she helped as long as the new players gained a level. If the new players did not gain a new level it will not count, this is to prevent abuse.

You can only gain points from normal to very hard difficulty, quests only. (Maybe Ultimate mode too but once the low level player reach towards level 100, they’ll no longer be counted for.)

The reason why I’ve focused on quests only rather than free-roam is because commitment is needed. Helping a new player for 5 mins or less is not good enough. (Don’t let me stop you from giving away items though.)

Points system:

So again, you’ll hear "Not a another TTF for the millionth time." So instead of dealing with boss rush quests again and again. What could be a good idea is to have boss rush quests counted as one point per player (or maybe zero points) while timed quests or more difficult quests can be counted as 2 to 3 points per player. Rewarding experienced players for their patience.

Abuse:

While I don’t see why anyone would have multiple accounts just to be in the leaderboards but it can be an issue. And the community could clearly see if something is off. This is why I believe the new players must gain a level or maybe a good chunk of experience points for it to be counted.

---

I guess that’s all I have to share on this shelved idea. I know others out there would love to see if this will have a reward system but in my opinion I believe just having the leaderboard will be good enough for now.

Also is it still possible to have those white text on all loading screens? I would love to see tips/hints/advices on loading screens. (I’ve already talked about custom loading screens long ago.) Someday I’ll try to have at least 100+ tips written down if it’s ever possible.

I like where it is coming from, but doesn't it kind of sour the intent to get recognition for it?

I always enjoy helping lowbies and noobs in games because how excited and happy they get reminds me of when the game was still fresh and seemingly limitless, before the burnout and bitterness inevitably sets in :p.

d7hXRtf.jpg

I’ve been holding this idea for too long (for a year I think), I might as well push it out before I forget. This time I’ve made this shorter than the last time I’ve written on it.

No new items nor mechanic changes. Just something to add to the leaderboards.

The goal is obvious, encourage experienced players to help new players.

How it works?

A high level player that is around level 100+ is helping 1 to 3 players that are below level 20 on normal difficulty quest. If they are level 21 and above then it won't count. Why would a high level player join normal difficulty party? Well 9 out of 10 times they just want to help.

After successfully ending a quest, the high level player gains one point from each new player that he/she helped as long as the new players gained a level. If the new players did not gain a new level it will not count, this is to prevent abuse.

You can only gain points from normal to very hard difficulty, quests only. (Maybe Ultimate mode too but once the low level player reach towards level 100, they’ll no longer be counted for.)

The reason why I’ve focused on quests only rather than free-roam is because commitment is needed. Helping a new player for 5 mins or less is not good enough. (Don’t let me stop you from giving away items though.)

Points system:

So again, you’ll hear "Not a another TTF for the millionth time." So instead of dealing with boss rush quests again and again. What could be a good idea is to have boss rush quests counted as one point per player (or maybe zero points) while timed quests or more difficult quests can be counted as 2 to 3 points per player. Rewarding experienced players for their patience.

Abuse:

While I don’t see why anyone would have multiple accounts just to be in the leaderboards but it can be an issue. And the community could clearly see if something is off. This is why I believe the new players must gain a level or maybe a good chunk of experience points for it to be counted.

---

I guess that’s all I have to share on this shelved idea. I know others out there would love to see if this will have a reward system but in my opinion I believe just having the leaderboard will be good enough for now.

Also is it still possible to have those white text on all loading screens? I would love to see tips/hints/advices on loading screens. (I’ve already talked about custom loading screens long ago.) Someday I’ll try to have at least 100+ tips written down if it’s ever possible.
Dial 1-800-Adopt-a-noob

Back