No916 This server is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I returned about a week ago to this server and have been playing all week (I was also playing yesterday). This morning I tried to login and I got the error stating "This server is full". I tried again this afternoon and it's still saying the same.

I'm pretty sure the server isn't actually full, since I've gotten this message when there were around 180 hunters online. And now there are around 250 hunters online and I still keep getting this message.

Seems odd to me that I haven't had this all week and today I can't connect anymore. I already tried installing PSO again, didn't work.server is full.png

I have tried so many things, I noticed there are more threads about this issue saying it possibly has to do with windows defender, but it just seems so weird to me that this suddenly doesnt work anymore.

I have tried:
1. Excluding my installed folder from win defender: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\EphineaPSO
2. Shutting off firewall and windows defender and booting the game

Unfortunately both arent working :(.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would really like to know. As you all understand, I would really like to play

In the lower left of the title screen, before you hit "Start Game", if it doesn't show the Ephinea client version, then the DLL is either not present or not loading.

When 916 occurs, this is usually the case.

Confirm you're seeing "EPHINEA SERVER CLIENT v1.510" on the title screen.

If you aren't and your AV is turned off, run online.exe again and it will download ephinea.dll again.

If you launch the game and you still don't see the text above, something on your computer is still blocking it.

If you DO see the text and cannot connect, check for ISP or router problems. Try tethering to your phone as a last resort.

Hi Sodaboy,

Thanks a lot for helping :).

I see the text. So I guess it has to do with my ISP or router problems?

So I should try this while using my phone's 4G network as a hotspot?
1702743349215.png

Since the DLL is loading, yeah, I'd give the hotspot thing a try first.

Oh, and I guess I should ask, I'm sure you've already tried rebooting both your PC, router, and modem... right?

Definitely seems like something is blocking outbound to the game, which is weird.

Rebooting the modem won't help if your phone's hotspot didn't help.

Really don't know why your PC won't connect to the game anymore. Still, try rebooting that if you haven't.

You can do a tracert to ephinea1.pioneer2.net from a command prompt "tracert ephinea1.pioneer2.net" and see what you get.

Also check to see if you can ping ephinea1.pioneer2.net

This is as far as I go without remoting into someone's PC or going to their house to help them. (Which I won't do!) I do hope you can figure out what's up, though.

Game's definitely up and able to be logged into, but something on your end is blocking the path to it. Since you tried your phone hotspot (and definitely disabled your old internet connection on your PC if wired while you did this, right?) and it didn't work, it doesn't sound like an ISP or equipment issue, and points squarely to something on the system.

The forum and game are completely separate. Most are.

It is worth noting that the server does return 916 instead of a password error, however. I thought the client had a wrong user/pass notification but maybe I'm misremembering...

(EDIT: I was responding to a post but they deleted their post in case this seems really out of place....)

Last edited:
Thanks to you both for trying to help.
@Sodaboy I have no idea why my system would do that. I might have shut down and restarted the system, but I'm not tech savvy enough to see what actually happened.
The Tracert results are the following:
1702751966601.png

@CTB Thanks for your input, but unfortunately this also isn't the reason it isn't working since I can get my character data through the link below.

The forum and game are completely separate. Most are.

It is worth noting that the server does return 916 instead of a password error, however. I thought the client had a wrong user/pass notification but maybe I'm misremembering...

(EDIT: I was responding to a post but they deleted their post in case this seems really out of place....)
WOOPS.

So, it's not SUPPOSED to show 916 for that. Actually, looks like I broke messages recently when I added Japanese error messages to the login.

I've fixed it now.

Now Billy can get the TRUE reason the login server is rejecting him. Which may not be username or password incorrect. Perhaps good ol' Billy got banned. Guess we'll find out when they post next.

Yeah, banned. Would like to know why, inappropriate character name I guess? I will obviously change it if that's the reason.

Yeah, banned. Would like to know why, inappropriate character name I guess? I will obviously change it if that's the reason.
Ding ding, you win the prize. I don't think you have access to /modname when banned, though.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back