No one can connect - Client or .ini at fault?

Hello. I've tried everything (after reading a lot) to make this work, but nothing is working. The problem is, I've edited the ship.ini and tethealla.ini to my Public IP, and I've edited the Client to my Public IP, but my friends cannot connect, and neither can I. I used a tool found on this forum to make the Client's .EXE, and it's set to TethVer12513. I used this same tool to set the IP Addresses in it to my Public IP, but I cannot make this work for anything. Can anyone help me? If you need more information, please let me know, as I'm kind of new to this.

Soly

Are you behind a router?
If so, you have to set the servers to use the internal IP (probably something like 192.168.1.X) and forward the ports to your private IP.

I might be behind a router, but I'm not entirely sure. The PC that's going to run the server is connected via Wi-Fi to my Verizon...thing. Not sure if it would be called a Router or a Modem though. Heh...No matter. I do recognize that IP Address format you typed though, so I'll give it a try, then port forward.

EDIT: Wow!! It was THAT simple?! Dag on! Thanks for the help! :)

Last edited:
Hi, I appear to be having another issue...My friend was able to connect here at my house over the internet, but he keeps getting the No Connection, Error 100 thing at his house. What could cause this? Is there a fix?

I can't win, huh? Heh...I'll do that and get back to you. :)

EDIT: Alright, I think I'm all set now. This has taught me to read instructions more than once. That said, I need to go post a new thread for another, in-game issue.

Last edited: