Newbie to Vet to Newbie

Guildcard
From grabbing a demo of the PC version back when it was relevant from gamespy, to Schthack Server .... to the community there and then moving on because i felt like I'd done everything?

It's been.... a literal lifetime. I'm glad that place stil lexists. I really am, but the past weekend plus several days had shown me that while it exists, it seems eaten up by private lobies and single player mode.

Admitedly I can't do marathon F2F runs like I used to thanks to having special needs siblings that need care, farm animals, and other responsibilities, but... I'm glad here exists.

I'm also glad it works onl inux via Lutris. Had to double check what version of wine was being used andm ade it grab the version FROM lutris rather than 'system' as the lutris version seems to be glorious eggroll based. There's also the fact none of the added effects (anti aliasing, cell shading, fong shading, etc etc work... producing weird corrupt graphics. However I can turn the volume down without turning it off, and I have resolutions that aren't garbage.

I just hope that I can have a good go at things and i haven't shown up as the server is imploding, or in the middle of drama, or any of a hundred other things.

I've done a fair bit of fiction writing. Would've published to amazon or some other thing. Scifi, Robots i na post human world, steampunk. Just finished a dungeon core story, working on an urban arcane YA thing about a magic dead mall....

I've got a thousand and one quest ideas if anyone knows the editor and technical bits Always had loads of those but by the time schtack managed to get even the first step of quest creation I'd gotten too angry and abrasive. I doubt anyone wants to hit me up on anything of the sort but the offer stands. Even with the limits of the engine there is room there for stories.

From grabbing a demo of the PC version back when it was relevant from gamespy, to Schthack Server .... to the community there and then moving on because i felt like I'd done everything?

It's been.... a literal lifetime. I'm glad that place stil lexists. I really am, but the past weekend plus several days had shown me that while it exists, it seems eaten up by private lobies and single player mode.

Admitedly I can't do marathon F2F runs like I used to thanks to having special needs siblings that need care, farm animals, and other responsibilities, but... I'm glad here exists.

I'm also glad it works onl inux via Lutris. Had to double check what version of wine was being used andm ade it grab the version FROM lutris rather than 'system' as the lutris version seems to be glorious eggroll based. There's also the fact none of the added effects (anti aliasing, cell shading, fong shading, etc etc work... producing weird corrupt graphics. However I can turn the volume down without turning it off, and I have resolutions that aren't garbage.

I just hope that I can have a good go at things and i haven't shown up as the server is imploding, or in the middle of drama, or any of a hundred other things.

I've done a fair bit of fiction writing. Would've published to amazon or some other thing. Scifi, Robots i na post human world, steampunk. Just finished a dungeon core story, working on an urban arcane YA thing about a magic dead mall....

I've got a thousand and one quest ideas if anyone knows the editor and technical bits Always had loads of those but by the time schtack managed to get even the first step of quest creation I'd gotten too angry and abrasive. I doubt anyone wants to hit me up on anything of the sort but the offer stands. Even with the limits of the engine there is room there for stories.
EEEEEEeeeeee~! *POUNCES and hugs wiff a sad smile on her face* Yes, Most if not All of us here are Schthack Refugee/Survivors! There's a long and colorful Rant about how our 'Host' who took over Schtserve from SCHTHACK himself was seduced by the dark side of Real monies and turned our beloved server into a total Shitstorm of lies and corruption and Betrayal and....and.....and.... So glad you found our little luminous tribe! We are everything you had described! Our community is actually quite soothing to those who are trying to take a break/escape from some form of IRL Monotony. Some would even call PSO "Therapeutic" in some cases~! =3. Not sure how we can address your overflow of creative juices when it comes to story ideas, dear. We already has a passionate resident cavalcade of staff and others who whip up things on the fly when needed~! But YOUR Passion won't go unabated when playing with others here! Hell, there might even be a spark for starting a PSO Fanfic thread? Never know how that might snowball~? Neh? Anywho...Very Glad to count you among 'Family', luv! Welcome HOME! =3

EEEEEEeeeeee~! *POUNCES and hugs wiff a sad smile on her face* Yes, Most if not All of us here are Schthack Refugee/Survivors! There's a long and colorful Rant about how our 'Host' who took over Schtserve from SCHTHACK himself was seduced by the dark side of Real monies and turned out beloved server into a total Shitstorm of lies and corruption and Betrayal and....and.....and.... So glad you found our little luminous tribe! We are everything you had described! Our community is actually quite soothing to those who are trying to take a break/escape from some form of IRL Monotony. Some would even call PSO "Therapeutic" in some cases~! =3. Not sure how we can address your overflow of creative juices when it comes to story ideas, dear. We already has a passionate resident cavalcade of staff and others who whip up things on the fly when needed~! But YOUR Passion won't go unabated when playing with others here! Hell, there might even be a spark for starting a PSO Fanfic thread? Never know how that might snowball~? Neh? Anywho...Very Glad to count you among 'Family', luv! Welcome HOME! =3
Could we get a writing group for PSO Fanfic? Sounds like a great idea! Runs to write.

Back