New

Hi all,

I played on the Dreamcast ages ago. I don't know much about Blue Burst, I only just found it about a week ago. I've leveled my first character to 21 so far. Having collected some items I don't recognize and don't know what to do with I decided to search the forum and make an account. It's a male human hunter, HUmar, because they're fairly easy to get your feet wet with. In my opinion. His name is Vhaeruan and if you're an old D&D fan, yes, the male Drow god.

So far I've ran through the forest, cave, mine, and I'm going through the ruins at the moment. I didn't anticipate running into things I don't know until Ep.2 but I guess BB is a little different from PSO-DC. I've ran through seaside a few times because it's fresh and gorgeous to me but I think I need to do the story missions to understand what's going on.

I'm not terribly into the idea of partying up at the moment because I am embarrassed by my ignorance but if you drop me a line and let me know it's okay to be the noob in the group I'd be happy to join a party. I just don't want to drag the team down.

I do use a controller but I've paired it with Xpadder and schemed the entire 0-9 quick keys, which I love BTW. So I don't think I am any slower than KB or KB+Mouse. Given I grew up with the DC version keyboard just feels ... wrong. To me, you do whatever you like, no judgement.

For anyone interested this is how I schemed the numbers. switch pro controller:

1=l1 2=l2 3=l3 4=r3 5=screenshot 6=home 7=r-up 8=r-down 9=r-left 0=r-right

Does not seem to effect map control or anything else in the menu system.

I am a father of a 2 year old girl, so, sometimes I have to set my controller down, step away, and even timeout. I try to play when I think I'll have an hour at least but it is difficult with a terrible two.

Finally, thank you, to the team that keeps this thing alive and the players who give them a reason to do it. It's really cool to be able to play PSO again without and emulator or a DreamPi. I very much appreciate it and have every intention of taking advantage for a nice long time. Love you all for giving me this opportunity.

Have a nice day.

Oh, P.S. -

I am a fairly popular uploader to another community. I upload ports to Dreamcast. I mean, I make ports then upload them. I looked around for rules about talking about them here or this community there but I didn't find anything that actually touches on it. I'm a lot more interested in advertising Ephinea to them than I am that community here but I would like to know how the staff/community feel about it before I say anything detailed in either space. I might be able to bring a few players over here and might be able to supply some of the players here with some ports they would enjoy on their Dreamcast. Let me know how you lot feel about it and I will act accordingly.

Hi all,

I played on the Dreamcast ages ago. I don't know much about Blue Burst, I only just found it about a week ago. I've leveled my first character to 21 so far. Having collected some items I don't recognize and don't know what to do with I decided to search the forum and make an account. It's a male human hunter, HUmar, because they're fairly easy to get your feet wet with. In my opinion. His name is Vhaeruan and if you're an old D&D fan, yes, the male Drow god.

So far I've ran through the forest, cave, mine, and I'm going through the ruins at the moment. I didn't anticipate running into things I don't know until Ep.2 but I guess BB is a little different from PSO-DC. I've ran through seaside a few times because it's fresh and gorgeous to me but I think I need to do the story missions to understand what's going on.

I'm not terribly into the idea of partying up at the moment because I am embarrassed by my ignorance but if you drop me a line and let me know it's okay to be the noob in the group I'd be happy to join a party. I just don't want to drag the team down.

I do use a controller but I've paired it with Xpadder and schemed the entire 0-9 quick keys, which I love BTW. So I don't think I am any slower than KB or KB+Mouse. Given I grew up with the DC version keyboard just feels ... wrong. To me, you do whatever you like, no judgement.

For anyone interested this is how I schemed the numbers. switch pro controller:

1=l1 2=l2 3=l3 4=r3 5=screenshot 6=home 7=r-up 8=r-down 9=r-left 0=r-right

Does not seem to effect map control or anything else in the menu system.

I am a father of a 2 year old girl, so, sometimes I have to set my controller down, step away, and even timeout. I try to play when I think I'll have an hour at least but it is difficult with a terrible two.

Finally, thank you, to the team that keeps this thing alive and the players who give them a reason to do it. It's really cool to be able to play PSO again without and emulator or a DreamPi. I very much appreciate it and have every intention of taking advantage for a nice long time. Love you all for giving me this opportunity.

Have a nice day.

Oh, P.S. -

I am a fairly popular uploader to another community. I upload ports to Dreamcast. I mean, I make ports then upload them. I looked around for rules about talking about them here or this community there but I didn't find anything that actually touches on it. I'm a lot more interested in advertising Ephinea to them than I am that community here but I would like to know how the staff/community feel about it before I say anything detailed in either space. I might be able to bring a few players over here and might be able to supply some of the players here with some ports they would enjoy on their Dreamcast. Let me know how you lot feel about it and I will act accordingly.
EEEEEEEeeeeee!!! *POUNCES and examines the Drow 'god' more closely than others and with a fanged giggle~!* Aaaand yet another Old Guard Dreamcaster has fallen victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up upon our little Tribe's shore~!* Mew likes you Already! However....*Eyes Flash* mew is gonna has to Rebuke you for this little attitude of yours, dear. (*Can already hear the rustle of the community masses whispering...."Sic'em mew~!"*) "Because I am embarrassed by my ignorance"... let me know it's okay to be the noob in the group I'd be happy to join a party. I just don't want to drag the team down." At NO TIME will you find OUR community with such disposition towards New players!! Did you not see the artistic Billboards that stated "Beginner Friendly"?? *Eyes soften* Ok, yes, every so often you may come across some troll or elitist that has slipped thru the cracks that we haven't Beaten the crap outtve....YET. But, mew can promise you that joining or let join your party will lead to a positive experience~! YES, PSODC and PSOGC/BB are two different renderings. What you are able to purrform as a HUmar on PSOBB won't be the same as you remember on good ol' DC! Stuff has changed....of All the classes, we feel HUmar was the Worst 'Nerfed'. You'll realize that when you try to equip a Spread needle...BZZZZT...Nope! "Hmm...this looks rough, I'll just cast Shifta and Deband!...." BZZZZT! Try again! "Oh crap! Someone's down! I'll just cast Reverser...." MOAR BZZZZT! You get the idea? XD! Buuuut, the great thing is you still get to has that long manly white straight Sephiroth style hair that any Drow would be proud of! Albeit WHY there were no MALE Newman hunters available sporting sexy elven ears, we'll never know.
LOTS of ppl here use the Xpadder too! And the only real thing the Mouse is good for is the wheel for zoomin in and out~!
OH! And the moar exposure Ephinea gets, the Better! Believe it or not, we are STILL getting new ppl who haven't played online in over 20 years! We are ESP Adopting droves of Unhappy PSO2 NGS players as well! It's amazing how one of our best Advocates has been "Google"! lol!
Ok, ok ,ok....mew'll stop gushing and simply tell you she looks forward to Pouncing and Playing wiff you too! And moast importantly, Welcome HOME~! =3

Oh, and What is the HUmar's name, so mew can put it on her 'list' to stalk you~? >=3

EEEEEEEeeeeee!!! *POUNCES and examines the Drow 'god' more closely than others and with a fanged giggle~!* Aaaand yet another Old Guard Dreamcaster has fallen victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and washes up upon our little Tribe's shore~!* Mew likes you Already! However....*Eyes Flash* mew is gonna has to Rebuke you for this little attitude of yours, dear. (*Can already hear the rustle of the community masses whispering...."Sic'em mew~!"*) "Because I am embarrassed by my ignorance"... let me know it's okay to be the noob in the group I'd be happy to join a party. I just don't want to drag the team down." At NO TIME will you find OUR community with such disposition towards New players!! Did you not see the artistic Billboards that stated "Beginner Friendly"?? *Eyes soften* Ok, yes, every so often you may come across some troll or elitist that has slipped thru the cracks that we haven't Beaten the crap outtve....YET. But, mew can promise you that joining or let join your party will lead to a positive experience~! YES, PSODC and PSOGC/BB are two different renderings. What you are able to purrform as a HUmar on PSOBB won't be the same as you remember on good ol' DC! Stuff has changed....of All the classes, we feel HUmar was the Worst 'Nerfed'. You'll realize that when you try to equip a Spread needle...BZZZZT...Nope! "Hmm...this looks rough, I'll just cast Shifta and Deband!...." BZZZZT! Try again! "Oh crap! Someone's down! I'll just cast Reverser...." MOAR BZZZZT! You get the idea? XD! Buuuut, the great thing is you still get to has that long manly white straight Sephiroth style hair that any Drow would be proud of! Albeit WHY there were no MALE Newman hunters available sporting sexy elven ears, we'll never know.
LOTS of ppl here use the Xpadder too! And the only real thing the Mouse is good for is the wheel for zoomin in and out~!
OH! And the moar exposure Ephinea gets, the Better! Believe it or not, we are STILL getting new ppl who haven't played online in over 20 years! We are ESP Adopting droves of Unhappy PSO2 NGS players as well! It's amazing how one of our best Advocates has been "Google"! lol!
Ok, ok ,ok....mew'll stop gushing and simply tell you she looks forward to Pouncing and Playing wiff you too! And moast importantly, Welcome HOME~! =3

Oh, and What is the HUmar's name, so mew can put it on her 'list' to stalk you~? >=3

:)

Thank you for such a warm welcome Miss (Mrs?) Siren Mew.

Vhaeruan is the character's name. My account name is GatorCountry.

His hair is a little bit blue-ish instead of the proper white. It's a light blue, but still blue. I wanted to sci-fi him just a little. I used to play a Newman Force named Vhaeruan with proper hair but I thought that would be a bit rough. Here I am taking the rough one anyway. lol.

I just noticed I am misspelling the name. I'm pretty sure I misspelled it in creation too. It's meant to be Vhaeraun not ruan. Oh well, too late to care.

I will try some recruiting. Can't say for sure when I'll be on because, you know, the little. I am a single father so she has no distractions. It's daddy time all the time. Actually, she calls me dahdew not dad, daddy, poppa, or any of the classics. Literally sitting with me as I type.

I didn't know Newman could be Hunters. I may make one. Name him the proper Vhaeraun and give him the pink hair. White hair for standard Drow but our lad has pinkish/reddish hair often. Might be cute. ... I should have done more looking. The creator did seem different but I chaulked that up to it being like 20 years since I played PSO-DC.

:)

Thank you for such a warm welcome Miss (Mrs?) Siren Mew.

Vhaeruan is the character's name. My account name is GatorCountry.

His hair is a little bit blue-ish instead of the proper white. It's a light blue, but still blue. I wanted to sci-fi him just a little. I used to play a Newman Force named Vhaeruan with proper hair but I thought that would be a bit rough. Here I am taking the rough one anyway. lol.

I just noticed I am misspelling the name. I'm pretty sure I misspelled it in creation too. It's meant to be Vhaeraun not ruan. Oh well, too late to care.

I will try some recruiting. Can't say for sure when I'll be on because, you know, the little. I am a single father so she has no distractions. It's daddy time all the time. Actually, she calls me dahdew not dad, daddy, poppa, or any of the classics. Literally sitting with me as I type.

I didn't know Newman could be Hunters. I may make one. Name him the proper Vhaeraun and give him the pink hair. White hair for standard Drow but our lad has pinkish/reddish hair often. Might be cute. ... I should have done more looking. The creator did seem different but I chaulked that up to it being like 20 years since I played PSO-DC.
Sadly, the only Newman 'Male is the FO. Would've been Sick cool to has smexy Elven sword swingers....but Nuuuuuuuu! =/
And also sadly, it's still "Ms. mew" luv ....won't go into details, lol. =3

Sadly, the only Newman 'Male is the FO. Would've been Sick cool to has smexy Elven sword swingers....but Nuuuuuuuu! =/
We wuv Ms. Mew!

Welcome brother!

Make sure you join the discord https://discord.gg/4md9su78. It is the best place to learn, grow, join and trade! theres is a help section, a lfg section, and a trading section.

Also here is the wiki link it is your best friend as you adjust to an environment unlike other PSO versions https://wiki.pioneer2.net/w/Main_Page.

Though I am getting low, I do still have some 4 slot starter frames. lmk if you would like one! I also have mid grade units to put in them. also next week is xp week and i will prob run a bit of power leveling runs. just lmk if you are interested.

Also with your baby girl, enjoy her! you are her world! it goes way to fast!

Have fun and good luck!

We wuv Ms. Mew!

Welcome brother!

Make sure you join the discord https://discord.gg/4md9su78. It is the best place to learn, grow, join and trade! theres is a help section, a lfg section, and a trading section.

Also here is the wiki link it is your best friend as you adjust to an environment unlike other PSO versions https://wiki.pioneer2.net/w/Main_Page.

Though I am getting low, I do still have some 4 slot starter frames. lmk if you would like one! I also have mid grade units to put in them. also next week is xp week and i will prob run a bit of power leveling runs. just lmk if you are interested.

Have fun and good luck!
^THIS~!^ ♡

Miss Mew is absolutely adorable.

We wuv Ms. Mew!

Welcome brother!

Have fun and good luck!

I would definitely take any help I can get but I'm not terribly fussed about it at the moment. I picked up an amplify barta thing, so, looking on the wiki I need to get a blue barrier to got with. I'll be grinding for that but since it's a level 7 shield I probably won't use it. I'll let folks know when I find one and if someone else wants it I'll pass it on.

My daughter's name is Ophelia, and yes, she is just the best. Laughs all day every day. She does your classic terrible two stuff but since she's laughing I can hardly get upset with it. I clean chocolate off walls every day, getting her dressed is always a choir, and most days my back and shoulders feel dead because she still loves to be carried but I wouldn't have it any other way.

She always fights putting on pants. She kicks and pushes them away and I put on my best impression of Macho Man Randy Savage "Are you trying to do ... the J.O.B. ... to your D.A.D? Ha ha! Oh yeah, dig it!" then she goes hysterical with laughter. I enjoy her being small but there's also a side of me that can't wait until she's older and I can do it in front of her friends.

lol, here I am being a cliche going on and on about my kid. I'll stop.

Miss Mew is absolutely adorable.

I would definitely take any help I can get but I'm not terribly fussed about it at the moment. I picked up an amplify barta thing, so, looking on the wiki I need to get a blue barrier to got with. I'll be grinding for that but since it's a level 7 shield I probably won't use it. I'll let folks know when I find one and if someone else wants it I'll pass it on.

My daughter's name is Ophelia, and yes, she is just the best. Laughs all day every day. She does your classic terrible two stuff but since she's laughing I can hardly get upset with it. I clean chocolate off walls every day, getting her dressed is always a choir, and most days my back and shoulders feel dead because she still loves to be carried but I wouldn't have it any other way.

She always fights putting on pants. She kicks and pushes them away and I put on my best impression of Macho Man Randy Savage "Are you trying to do ... the J.O.B. ... to your D.A.D? Ha ha! Oh yeah, dig it!" then she goes hysterical with laughter. I enjoy her being small but there's also a side of me that can't wait until she's older and I can do it in front of her friends.

lol, here I am being a cliche going on and on about my kid. I'll stop.
2year olds are the MOST Fun~! While visiting a friend, mew had noticed her daughter was sitting still buckled into her baby seat from out of the car. She was holding her circular rubber toy like she was imitating her mommy driving....So mew snuck up behind her and making jet turbine noises, slowly started lifting the seat and swaying like it was hovering...the Moment mew heard a "Giiggle", she immediately started Whoosing and 'Beeping' zipping around the livingroom!!! Her Squeals were UNending!!! Even the mom and grandmother came out of the kitchen like...."WHAT the HELL are you DOING to MY KID!!???". Mew would bring the seat to a Bobbing hover in front of the mom while the baby was still laughing hysterically! Mom snarls, "You Know she's not gonna wanna Sleep after this, right?!" Mew: "Uh Oh...the MONSTERS HOSTILE!!! FIRE GUNS GUNS GUNS!!!! *Shakes seat firing!!* "Wow.... NO Effect!! Switching to Mavericks!" The grandmother is just covering her face like....OOOMG NNNNuuuuuu!!! "FOX ONE!!!!" *tilts seat from firing missile* "STILL NO EFFECT?!!! ABORT ABORT!!!!". *Starts Zooming around some more with the SQUEALING child this time ZIG ZAGGING to the sofa where mew had first picked her up.....*Hydraulic sounds of landing gear....* ......... <3!

Last edited:
Thanks bud. Maybe one day I'll scale it so it fits.
2year olds are the MOST Fun~! While visiting a friend, mew had noticed her daughter was sitting still buckled into her baby seat from out of the car. She was holding her circular rubber toy like she was imitating her mommy driving....So mew snuck up behind her and making jet turbine noises, slowly started lifting the seat and swaying like it was hovering...the Moment mew heard a "Giiggle", she immediately started Whoosing and 'Beeping' zipping around the livingroom!!! Her Squeals were UNending!!! Even the mom and grandmother came out of the kitchen like...."WHAT the HELL are you DOING to MY KID!!???". Mew would bring the seat to a Bobbing hover in front of the mom while the baby was still laughing hysterically! Mom snarls, "You Know she's not gonna wanna Sleep after this, right?!" Mew: "Uh Oh...the MONSTERS HOSTILE!!! FIRE GUNS GUNS GUNS!!!! *Shakes seat firing!!* "Wow.... NO Effect!! Switching to Mavericks!" The grandmother is just covering her face like....OOOMG NNNNuuuuuu!!! "FOX ONE!!!!" *tilts seat from firing missile* "STILL NO EFFECT?!!! ABORT ABORT!!!!". *Starts Zooming around some more with the SQUEALING child this time ZIG ZAGGING to the sofa where mew had first picked her up.....*Hydraulic sounds of landing gear....* ......... <3!

Oh man, Miss Mew, just the cutest. Feel free share any stories you want to tell someone with me. You crack me up.

Thanks bud. Maybe one day I'll scale it so it fits.

Oh man, Miss Mew, just the cutest. Feel free share any stories you want to tell someone with me. You crack me up.
22 Years and it's Always been simply "mew", dear. Then again, like any cat...we'll answer to just about anything~! X3!

Back