New to PSO

twoatoms

Hello folks! I am completely new to PSO, having only played PSO2 as a kid over 10 years ago now. A couple friends and I made new characters and messed around doing government missions last night. I’ve read a lot of the beginner guides out there, pretty much anything I could find, but we’re still trying to figure out what we’re doing for the most part.

The gameplay loop seems to be get strong > farm for weapons > get stronger, rinse and repeat. Any tips on where a group of new players should be spending their time? I know there are missions that are recommended for farming xp but we’re looking for a more laid back experience.

Any other hot tips that might help someone who has never touched PSO, I am all ears :)

The wiki page is the best source of info for planning characters and everything thing else. it is here https://wiki.pioneer2.net/w/Main_Page.
If your not already make sure you join the Ephinea discord. It is the best place to ask questions and organize trades and arrange groups. The link is on that main wiki page.
Towards the future is the best quest to level fast so you can start running stronger content with more drops. it is a boss blitz type quest in epi 1 that will help you learn many bosses and mechanics of the game. If you find some bosses hard then you can just reset after you do a few. Many do just the dragon and reset. Other then that you can just do whatever! Have fun!

Hello folks! I am completely new to PSO, having only played PSO2 as a kid over 10 years ago now. A couple friends and I made new characters and messed around doing government missions last night. I’ve read a lot of the beginner guides out there, pretty much anything I could find, but we’re still trying to figure out what we’re doing for the most part.

The gameplay loop seems to be get strong > farm for weapons > get stronger, rinse and repeat. Any tips on where a group of new players should be spending their time? I know there are missions that are recommended for farming xp but we’re looking for a more laid back experience.

Any other hot tips that might help someone who has never touched PSO, I am all ears :)
EEEEeeeeee!! *POUNCES and looks over atoms-san carefully~!* It never ceases to amaze us as to HOW many of you PSO2 warriors seem to get curious and take a tentative step into a once thought, lost world! Sure, the game is over 22 years old....but, still you come. Sure, PSO2 has Epic costumes, colors, and eye candy...but, still your eyes dazzle! Sure, PSO2 has So much razzle and dazzle fighting mechanics.....but, still you marvel. Sure, PSO2 was intended to carry on from was once considered the First of it's Kind.....but, still....you Stay~! Hell, you even brought friends to hack and slash with??? Unlike most other MMOs....you'll find the learning curve here is somewhat forgiving. (Tries ignoring the Screams and wails of failed MAG feedings and Materials users in the background...) Gonna assume you're already used to the game dynamics and playing with a Gamepad? If you want just a "laid back experience"....Simply going through each episode in its entirety like Ep1 Forest, Caves, Mines, Ruins....then EP2 Temples, Spaceship, Control areas Jungles, mountains, seaside, seabed...EP4 craters N.S.E.W., Interior, then finally Subdesert.... There are Waaaaay too many side story quests to 'suggest' you do 'first'. So, you're doing just fine picking and choosing your casual grind, dear. Could Swear, mew had tried popping into your room recently but the Gov quest loading punted her off for the night! PC hard drive problems, =(. Well, anywho....Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you and your comrades soon! Welcome HOME~! =3

If you play through the “side story” quests at the counter that’s the single player from the DC/GC versions. You can make a game in the one player mode for an easier time.

If you play through the “side story” quests at the counter that’s the single player from the DC/GC versions. You can make a game in the one player mode for an easier time.
Yes, as 5-kun has stated...if you create an EP1 'Single player' mode room....the quest counter in the guild will has "Side Story". This collection of quests are what were avail on the original consoles (DC/GC/xbox?). Don't be fooled tho....Initially you will find like 4 or so 'Tutorial' quests. Once you get those Mundane quests out of the way....it will unlock a Whole New Epic list of side character quests! Some of which are needed to convert 'Enemy parts' into weapons! Some are real tear jerkers~! Anyway, That's just mew's 2 cents on this, sooooo ENJOY~! *Zoooms off~!* =3

Back