New to Ephinea / Racast Tips?

Spekkio

Guildcard
Hey there, this is part an introduction and also a question about my class..

I'm level a 112 Racast (Grahf) so not sure how new that is but I originally played on gamecube and have always loved this game.. the music/atmosphere/gameplay is just so nostalgic. anyway my dream for some odd reason has always been to find a spread needle so I'm here to try and make that happen, lol.

also, I didn't know the event was happening and today I noticed I hardly get any experience today :( I had it all planned out, 1300 TTF runs to dragon and I could be 200. I'm a little heartbroken but I'll push on. Feels so slow now.

anyway, I don't have any special gear of any sort and I'm 112, can anybody help guide me on what kind of goals I should have as a Racast? How long should I keep leveling before I start hunting for gear? And what sort of pieces should I be looking for first? I feel like everything would be a little easier if I just did TTF all day everyday but that would get tedious. I'm a mostly solo player btw, at least until I get to the point that I feel I can contribute a little.

Last edited:

I'm level a 112 Racast (Grahf) so not sure how new that is but I originally played on gamecube and have always loved this game.. the music/atmosphere/gameplay is just so nostalgic. anyway my dream for some odd reason has always been to find a spread needle so I'm here to try and make that happen, lol.

also, I didn't know the event was happening and today I noticed I hardly get any experience today :( I had it all planned out, 1300 TTF runs to dragon and I could be 200. I'm a little heartbroken but I'll push on. Feels so slow now.

anyway, I don't have any special gear of any sort and I'm 112, can anybody help guide me on what kind of goals I should have as a Racast? How long should I keep leveling before I start hunting for gear? And what sort of pieces should I be looking for first? I feel like everything would be a little easier if I just did TTF all day everyday but that would get tedious. I'm a mostly solo player btw, at least until I get to the point that I feel I can contribute a little.

Hi spekkio i hope you'r well, to play good with a racast class you don't need so much special gear, the only special gear i think are: the custom ep 2 S-ranks needles special hell, berseker, arrest, and demons as well... those weapons deserve a more high invest of photon drops to buy each one, or just you have to do and complete challenge mode ep2.

Out of that you can play well with:

- Baranz launcher, wich is a shot special chargue multiple target, you can create it with a enemy part weapon ''parts of baranz'' then you can add hit% to it with photon crystals.
- Froozen shooter if you are starting just can use a simple froozen shooter without hit, it works fine even without hit, then you can hunt and get some froozen shooter with hit. this weapon can be upgraded and converted it in snow queen, you also can upgrade it leter when you find a good froozen shooter hit %.
- Chargue arms wich is a shot and has a multiple target you can buy 1 easly with 50hit for 1 photon drop i think this is the price between the market of players.
- Berseker arms wich is a shot and has a multiple target you can buy 1 easly with 50hit for 1 photon drop i think this is the price between the market of players.
- Heaven striker, it's a handgun one target special berseker you can buy one easly without hit with 1-3 photon drops, it works well too to start, leter u can hunt or buy another Heaven striker with hit.
- Hell Laser, special hell one target, very good to use on ep2, you can buy one easly with 50hit for 1-2 photon drop i think this is the price between the market of players.
- Bringer Riffle, special demons, has only one target, pretty good for some mobs on ep2, i think you can make one with bringer's arm.

- Shield you can use one called Gratia. it's easy to buy one too i think it worth 1 photon drop.

You will need a sword for some enemies that have shields against shooting weapons like the lizzards from ep4, so opt for an excalibur a flamberge or Daylight Scar to start it does not matter if they have hit the same they do the job, leter you will upgrade those weapons with hit or % etc.

- I think with this you can play in a excellent way with a racast.

I hope my information will be of your help, at your level you don't need so many special gear, just with that weapons i mention before you can do an excelent job with your Racast. If i can help you with somenthing more, let me know.

My best regards to you.

Jesús.

Last edited:
thanks guys. I've been using the wiki some for my build and for what items I should use it's very helpful.

and thanks for the detail response Jesús I wasn't even aware people used PDs to trade but now I'm looking over in the trade forums I see. I thought those things were worthless to me :)

now I feel like I have a path towards gearing up faster...I actually thought I was going to have to find everything on my own.

also I did find my own frozen shooter doing all the TTF runs of the first area. Very useful.. too bad it has 0% everything :(

I am very happy that you are more aware that your way to prepare will be faster, wich means the more you play will be more faster to you can obtain the objects you want for your characters. I'm also happy if my information helped you.

I am very happy that you are here and that you play on this Ephinea server, If I can help you again with something please let me know.

I usually play with a hucast dressed all black id Purplenum named JESUS (mayus) if you see me in game please lemme know you'r spekkio, i have some things for you to help you start. You are not alone, and you will not have to find those items alone, I extend my hand to you again, so that we can play and emjoying find all the objects you want for your racast

A pleasure to help you. My best regards to you again.

Jesús.

thanks guys. I've been using the wiki some for my build and for what items I should use it's very helpful.

and thanks for the detail response Jesús I wasn't even aware people used PDs to trade but now I'm looking over in the trade forums I see. I thought those things were worthless to me :)

now I feel like I have a path towards gearing up faster...I actually thought I was going to have to find everything on my own.

also I did find my own frozen shooter doing all the TTF runs of the first area. Very useful.. too bad it has 0% everything :(

EEEeeeeeeee! *POUNCES and looks over Grahf-san carefully!* Aaaaand yet another Old Guard Cuber has fallen victim to the Topless Siren's song of Nostalgia and has washed up upon our little tribe's shore! Overall, there is no set behavior or endgame to each class/race. This game is played according to Anyone's desire. Some players will end up fixated on maybe one of the rarest items in the game and then 'Quit' after finding it....Other's merely want to reach 200 and move on to the next video game addiction. AND you don't HAVE to HAS any "Special gear" to be 'useful' either, dear! 112 is still respectable and warrants you to Halp players wherever you go~! Albeit there ARE a few droid only armors and shields that will keep you happier later on. Black Hound Curiass or that spiffy purple lightning Elctro Frame thingy. =3. As for a spread needle....mew happens to has a low tier one in need of a loving home if she can find you wandering online? Anywho....you're already in the right state of mind and mew likes you already~! Looking forward to pouncing and Playing wiff you too! Welcome Home! =3

Thank you and glad to be part of the server :) everybody seems very friendly so far. My character in-game is "Grahf" but you may not see me around much because I work pretty late and am on mostly at night/early AM hours (pst). I'll keep an eye out though and be sure to say hello If I see you! Thank you again

Thank you Mew. I'll look into that armor. Now that I know my PDs are worth something I think maybe I can get some pieces I need. I did get some good armor for smashing my keyboard a few thousands times for a shop quest last night! "Press down as many times as you can in 10 seconds" lol. Ranger Wall?
I'm still intimidated to join any Ultimate games but maybe I will give it a try...I don't want to feel like dead weight. I tried the worm on Ultimate last night and wow, I couldn't even kill it, but I kill the dragon in the forest pretty easy? Looks like I got some work to do

Thank you for the offer I wasn't looking for any handouts but if we bump into each other I wouldn't refuse. But like I said I'm pretty elusive playing late and a bit of a loner. You might have better luck spotting an Al Rappy :)

Thank you and glad to be part of the server :) everybody seems very friendly so far. My character in-game is "Grahf" but you may not see me around much because I work pretty late and am on mostly at night/early AM hours (pst). I'll keep an eye out though and be sure to say hello If I see you! Thank you again
Thanks to you @spekkio aka Grahf to be here and be part of Ephinea server, I know you will have a lot of fun playing here, I also want to express my gratitude to our dear @Harborer of Hope aka Mew's, for everything, for his great work helping new players and giving them a great welcome. I also want to give a very special thanks for all for his work to @CARNAGE who taught me many things when i started playing on this server, thanks to all too.

See you in the game Grahf.

Thank you Mew. I'll look into that armor. Now that I know my PDs are worth something I think maybe I can get some pieces I need. I did get some good armor for smashing my keyboard a few thousands times for a shop quest last night! "Press down as many times as you can in 10 seconds" lol. Ranger Wall?
I'm still intimidated to join any Ultimate games but maybe I will give it a try...I don't want to feel like dead weight. I tried the worm on Ultimate last night and wow, I couldn't even kill it, but I kill the dragon in the forest pretty easy? Looks like I got some work to do

Thank you for the offer I wasn't looking for any handouts but if we bump into each other I wouldn't refuse. But like I said I'm pretty elusive playing late and a bit of a loner. You might have better luck spotting an Al Rappy :)
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED LUV~! >=3

Don't worry about not contributing to teams. People generally receive ya pretty well. Especially RAcasts can put in work with a lot of different stuff.
Plus, at least for me, it kinda helps tagging along players whom are more used to the elements of teamplay and just watching what they do. Heck I'm still learning, in a fun way, just watching people play sometimes. You can even use that knowledge in solo ;).

Jesus's list is pretty much what you'd want for the most early optimal play and everything from that list costs 1PD (besides Baranz and Bringers if you want hit%, though Bringer's is not really a priority as a RAct). Just with a Frozen Shooter, Heaven Striker, C-Arms, Hell Laser and either V501 or V502 (the latter is more expensive/harder to find), you pretty much can tackle every area well enough without having to spend too much in both solo and multi.
Because you're RAct, Spread Needle is also a good investment, *especially* solo.
If you really have a lot you can invest in the mentioned S-Ranks, and they won't be a waste as you'll never really replace them anyway.

Thanks to you @spekkio aka Grahf to be here and be part of Ephinea server, I know you will have a lot of fun playing here, I also want to express my gratitude to our dear @Harborer of Hope aka Mew's, for everything, for his great work helping new players and giving them a great welcome. I also want to give a very special thanks for all for his work to @CARNAGE who taught me many things when i started playing on this server, thanks to all too.

See you in the game Grahf.
Anytime JESUS! I am glad you are enjoying your time here!

Back