New to Ephinea and could use some help

LordBane

I used to play back in the GameCube but never got to play online or the episode 4 stuff. I used to have a HUmar and loved the game but now that i am coming back to playing it here in Ephinea, i'd like to know some things like:

First of all, I have been thinking about making a HUmar as my first character to kinda have some of the character i used to play but is it a good class choice or should i go HUcast since that has higher ATP?

Second, What would be a good Section ID for my hunter? Back in the day Skyly and Redria used to be considered some of the best but i don't know if it's still the same here. I'd like to have a chance at getting some of the rares i never got back in the GameCube like the Lavis weapons, Sealed J Sword, Excalibur and Parasitic Gene Flow (If that even exists here, i know its existence as a myth back when i played the game). Also, i would like to use twin sabers/swords, if that helps on deciding on one ID or another.

Third, depending on which class i end up going, what would be some good MAG stats to go for?

And finally, any general advice you have for a player who used to play long ago and is starting for the first time in this server.

Hoomar isn't terrible or the wrong choice, but you may not feel as good as other classes until you have some good gear, while a hucast can just throw freeze traps and melt things down, in my opinion you can't go wrong with any of the rangers(maybe avoid RAcaseal as well), HUcast/caseal or FOnewm.

As for the section IDs there's this guide.

And mags you can start with something like 150pow 45dex or 185+ mind(if playing a force).

Thank you very much! I forgot to ask, does the Section ID calculator on PSOWorld still work for Ephinea or how can i know which name will give what ID?

If you make a Hunter go with Hucast IMO. HUmar is for experienced players who want a challenge. With HUcast you will generally do much better in solo and bring a lot more value to parties.

Freeze Traps are broken.

As for ID, just avoid Pink and Blue as your firsts as they are more niche IDs. Yeah, those were clearly the worst IDs on Gamecube but Ephinea made them very good. There’s no bad ID on Ephinea. Even Greenil and Oran are very good.

Go with White or Purp as your first. They are the best IDs (like in GC) as they enable a lot of great and attractive hunts in the widest range of areas. Also great Lavis hunts with the addition of Syncesta on Purp. Blue and Oran also have good Lavis hunts given their side drops.

Always consider side hunts when choosing an ID—you almost never want to go after just 1 rare in an area e.g. Blue HP in Forest which has little else to offer compared to White and Purp Forest. Blue HP is a very attractive hunt i.e. ppl will join your party in a heartbeat but alstill a dismal hunt.

You can change ID once before Lv 20 and change your character name whenever you want. So you don’t need to get your name right to get the ID you want like LordBane___ to make Sky. Look up “commands” on the Pioneer 2 Wiki. PSO World is somewhat obsolescent but occasionally a good resource like their EXP to level guide. Our Wiki has obviated the need for OG PSO World thanks bigly to contributions like my own.

Last edited:
As for ID, just avoid Pink and Blue as your firsts as they are more niche IDs. Yeah, those were clearly the worst IDs on Gamecube but Ephinea made them very good. There’s no bad ID on Ephinea. Even Greenil and Oran are very good.
Just to add to this, Pinkal is an amazing ID on ephinea but it only works well on a ranger since it's more focused on certain episode 2 quests, same goes for Blueful, although some people seem to like seabad a whole lot as a hunter.

But yeah if you do start with hunter I'd recommend a red ring ID, this way you'll have an easier time learning episode 1 while hunting the best endgame shield for any class, it also has plenty of colors available and more skins on the way, plus it's a nice way to start making money so you can afford other stuff.

Thank you so much for this info. I plan to start playing tonight with a HUcast then. Now i just have to decide if i want to be Whitill, Purplenum or Skyly. AS yo usaid, the first two have some very good drops for Lavis and other but Skyly can get Sealed J Sword and the guides say it's a very good hunter class. What would you recommend?

Just choose whichever ID looks cool on your character. Between those 3 you can’t go wrong. Skyly is more of an endgame ID and White and Purp are more bread and butter. But Sky still offers many chances to get rich. You are 10% likelier to find, for example, a 75 hit Calibur than you are on a Purple. That is a real endgame find and can get you like 500 PDs.

You don’t have to worry too much about IDs because you might find like, a 60h Chain Sawd and trade that for some endgame essential from another ID. Trading is very active in the Ephinea community over Discord and can account for a lot of the great stuff you’ll use. It’s not like back in the day where trades were cumbersome endeavors over forum PMs.

A HU is fairly inexpensive to deck out with amazing equipment, especially compared to RAs who benefit from a ton of expensive shit. Like a Diska of Bravemem is generally the best HU wep in the game. You can get one with 45h for like 8 PDs. Use it in parties and people will be glad you came.

I’m guessing you want Lavis and SJS/TJS simply as uber finds. They’re not very useful but yeah, they are definitely milestones for us 20+ year players.

EDIT: so basically if you like playing multi you’ll have to create games then Purp and White. More ppl will join and join faster in general. If you prefer solo then Sky if you want. I started out preferring solo and now refuse to play without others. Either way you should eventually make another char like at Lv 150.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this info. I plan to start playing tonight with a HUcast then. Now i just have to decide if i want to be Whitill, Purplenum or Skyly. AS yo usaid, the first two have some very good drops for Lavis and other but Skyly can get Sealed J Sword and the guides say it's a very good hunter class. What would you recommend?
Sky is a very popular ID but its drops are very rare, I personally would make an White or Purple for your first character and then make your second character a Sky after finding some items that would make soloing easier if you're not planning on playing with others. In the end its really up to you and what you want your end game to be.

I do hope to be able to join some parties, especially to help me get through the early levels faster and i can actually find some rares and useful items

Efficiency-wise, the best classes are HUcast, RAcast, RAmar and FOnewm. RAmarl is also an excellent choice for starters. HUmar is just worse HUcast or worse HUnewearl in all scenarios except solo TTF time attack. So avoid him unless you want a challenge. Good luck!

A lot of downtime at werk. Some might disagree but I main all of the 3 IDs and studied the charts in the past like an old man from the 1900s studying actuarial tables:

Forest white > purp but both best. Sky sux
Cave purp > sky. White weak
Mine purp wins. Sky and white weak unless u got decent tech caster to farm S Parts
Ruins sky (+ Caliburs) = white. Purp sux

Temp White. Sky and Purp weak
SS White = sky. Purp SS Beta not bad
CCA All very strong. Purp > sky > white DoBlandia being a much harder sell than these or Pink
Sea complicated. Purp > white. Sky weak. White HS not smart. Blue by far best shere.
Tower white > purp but both best. Sky good

Crater Sky > purp. White sux
Des White > purp. Sky sux

Outta all 10 areas White has 6 best or tied areas of the 3
Purp 4
Sky 3

Last edited:
Okay so i'll be a Whitill HUcast, what MAG stats should i go for? IIRC, the goal back when i played was 5/145/45/0, is that still the standard?

Looking at the mag charts on the wiki, i'll probably have to trade my mag to other characters to get Mylla & Youlla, right?

Back