New here! Some questions...

Sanc

Hey everyone!
I'm new to this server, I played a lot of PSOBB back in the day, and figured I would give it a go once again ;) seems like a cool place to start from scratch!

Used to play a RAcast and a FOney. I still want a FOney, but not as a first char, so I'm wondering : what is better to start solo, a HUcast or a RAmar/RAcast ? I kinda miss HUs, but RAs were funny as well too.
Second thing, I have trouble choosing sections : on my old server, I remember choosing yellowboze and purplenum because they had nice little and easy-to-farm stuff (I am NOT a hard grinder), but I don't know the drops here... Any advice?

Thanks a lot and see you ingame!

Welcome, Sanc! It's nice to have you here. :)

I personally think that HUcast and RAcast are equally good, but if you're just starting out, there's less pressure on a RAcast. In general, I think people have higher expectations of HUcast in terms of Dark Flow, traps, and being the DPS. But it's easy to learn and they're both good!

Something I do want to mention about FO techs on this server is that they're not like other servers where their damage is hiked up astronomically. Ephinea is very much about enhancing the vanilla experience rather than making it a completely different game with crazy stats and drops and skins and stuff. So FOney's simple techs are not really viable on this server because of this; if that's what attracts you to FOney, you might want to think about playing FOnewm instead. His techs are the most viable in the game due to his gi/ra bonus.

In terms of IDs, I think it might be most useful to start with Skyly, Redria, and Purplenum, mainly because that's what everyone else seems to want. If you're not really into doing a ton of grinding for something like SJS or Psychowand, you might as well have an ID that other people want to make games with. But of course, that's all my opinion. You can look at the drop charts here. There are probably specific IDs that are good for finding certain weapons for each class, but I don't personally know what they are. You can check them out!

Hope to see you soon, and I hope you have a good time on Ephinea :)

Welcome, Sanc! It's nice to have you here. :)

I personally think that HUcast and RAcast are equally good, but if you're just starting out, there's less pressure on a RAcast. In general, I think people have higher expectations of HUcast in terms of Dark Flow, traps, and being the DPS. But it's easy to learn and they're both good!

Something I do want to mention about FO techs on this server is that they're not like other servers where their damage is hiked up astronomically. Ephinea is very much about enhancing the vanilla experience rather than making it a completely different game with crazy stats and drops and skins and stuff. So FOney's simple techs are not really viable on this server because of this; if that's what attracts you to FOney, you might want to think about playing FOnewm instead. His techs are the most viable in the game due to his gi/ra bonus.

In terms of IDs, I think it might be most useful to start with Skyly, Redria, and Purplenum, mainly because that's what everyone else seems to want. If you're not really into doing a ton of grinding for something like SJS or Psychowand, you might as well have an ID that other people want to make games with. But of course, that's all my opinion. You can look at the drop charts here. There are probably specific IDs that are good for finding certain weapons for each class, but I don't personally know what they are. You can check them out!

Hope to see you soon, and I hope you have a good time on Ephinea :)

Thanks a lot!
Didn't know that nukes were boosted on other servers! I was playing schtserv, do you know if it was on that one? I thought FOney could nuke... :( don't the admins buff a thing if it's underpowered?

Yes, nukes were boosted on Schtack. FOney is arguably the worst FO class in the vanilla game. I think buffing techs has been heavily discussed in this community, but it's hard to see it actually happening, in my opinion. You can probably browse the forums and find a pro and con discussion!

Yes, nukes were boosted on Schtack. FOney is arguably the worst FO class in the vanilla game. I think buffing techs has been heavily discussed in this community, but it's hard to see it actually happening, in my opinion. You can probably browse the forums and find a pro and con discussion!
Damn, you break my heart haha. I was so happy to start a FOney nuking things. I always told myself her high mst would somehow compensate Newm's bonuses. And if damage cancel no longer exists here, that means some techs could be more useful?

Haha yeah, her high MST is infamously not as optimal as the newm bonuses. But you're right that techs are more viable in general because dmc is gone!

Thanks a lot!
Didn't know that nukes were boosted on other servers! I was playing schtserv, do you know if it was on that one? I thought FOney could nuke... :( don't the admins buff a thing if it's underpowered?
YAY! Another Rescue! MOST if not All of us here are SCHT Refugees! Even After scht came back online we Refused to return for reasons of sanity and other viable healthy issues =P. Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you! Welcome Home! =3

Damn, you break my heart haha. I was so happy to start a FOney nuking things. I always told myself her high mst would somehow compensate Newm's bonuses. And if damage cancel no longer exists here, that means some techs could be more useful?
Foney does get a boost to the basic techs, the standard foie/zonde/barta, that helps on most of the bosses. I like Racast over Hucast because I like spreads over swords, but then I also prefer Ramarl over Racast.
Welcome!

Back