New forum software...

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
So, I wanted to get off of phpBB and move to a different forum software.

I haven't really gotten around to customizing this one yet, but I will... somewhat. :p

Main advantage to this forum software is it's more powerful social integration, media library, and resource handler.

Stay tuned as we tweak stuff more.

Soly

Well... change is (almost) always good... But first hand I really don't like it lol.

Maybe I'll get used to it at some point :D

Ducks

tis jarring change
but it's got some neat features

seems k

you can stalk the shit out of people with this software also

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
We're going to have multiple themes on this board later on, since unlike phpBB, we're not forever waiting for the newest version to release, which was always slated as "Soon".

While I personally preferred the other boards because it was more simple and streamlined, phpBB kind of sucked from every other perspective. You should have seen how user friendly the ACP was...

Soly

We're going to have multiple themes on this board later on, since unlike phpBB, we're not forever waiting for the newest version to release, which was always slated as "Soon".

While I personally preferred the other boards because it was more simple and streamlined, phpBB kind of sucked from every other perspective. You should have seen how user friendly the ACP was...
I totally agree with you and I know how the acp is :p

Mad

Out of interest, what were the reasons for choosing XenForo (as it’s proprietary, and non-gratis) over some of the other free/libre forums (e.g., FluxBB or Discourse)?

----

Could we please get a theme that doesn’t need custom fonts (for displaying those damn icon fonts)? xenforo-without-custom-font.png
xenforo-editor-without-custom-font.png

Uh, just noticed that the editor captures Ctrl+k (for switching to Firefox’ search bar) oO Is there a way to disable key combinations for the editor?

Agastya

greyhound bus
Event Team
Oh god. Is this its default theme? I've seen this particular software before elsewhere but it had actual good themes and not.. this, but it's really just a few hue shifts away from being readable (warm unsaturated colors on white...)

Either way, anything's better than PHPBB3. The admin panel is like.. this awful Super Metroid rom hack. Whenever you go to try and ban somebody or edit a theme you tend to find a Super Missile expansion just due to how convoluted everything is.

e: yessss my avatar is to the left of my posts again

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
There is a Dark theme available. You can select it from the lower left of the front page. Just click the word that says "Light" and change to "Dark". If that's more readable for you.

Ducks

should/can we use the forum to host our pics?

i see it has albums n shit i can make/upload how much space could we use?

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
You can use it, that's what it's there for. I've given 200mb to each person so far.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, re-did the Dark theme again, so the old one is invalid. Have to reselect if anyone picked it before.

Soly

I was just going to post something like "wut" ... Not bad, I'd like green better but this works too.

Edit:
Lol...

Btw, if you go here, at least like a normal user, the 3 things below each picture (date, image and preview) are very hard to read (with the dark theme)

Last edited: