New Build

minifussy

Hello,

I've been trying to setup a new Tethealla Server all day. Im having problems with version matching as outlined here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71

I cannot compile the server from the prebuild because Visual Studio 2008 no longer exists.
Could someone provide me with the current build?

Thankyou :)

Soly

I haven't compiled the original source in VS 2015 but if you get any error should be easy to solve... (besides tons of warnings of cast and unsigned/signed mismatch, etc)...
I can't right now, but i'll try to drop you a set of compiled exes... which version you need in the login tho?

Edit:
You could open your login_server.exe in a hex editor, search for the version string and modify it to match the version your client has... that should at least let you go through the version check login. I don't know if there are any breaking changes from the last client version tho (I think there are not)

minifussy

Update:

I have painstakingly installed GBs of visual studio and manage to build it after various fails, for reasons I still cannot understand.
Wouldnt github be a wonderful repository for hosting these files? doesnt it build it all for you at the click of a button? or am I fantasising...

metalhawk

minifussy said:
Update:

I have painstakingly installed GBs of visual studio and manage to build it after various fails, for reasons I still cannot understand.
Wouldnt github be a wonderful repository for hosting these files? doesnt it build it all for you at the click of a button? or am I fantasising...

I think you may be fantasizing... :lol:
To my knowledge and some quick research github is only used for hosting files, not building them.
Glad to know you got everything working though!

minifussy

Almost everything.

My usersID and or password are now terminally incorrect... I dont think its connecting to the DB :')

metalhawk said:
minifussy said:
Update:

I think you may be fantasizing... :lol:
To my knowledge and some quick research github is only used for hosting files, not building them.
Glad to know you got everything working though!

Soly

minifussy said:
Almost everything.
My usersID and or password are now terminally incorrect... I dont think its connecting to the DB :')
If the login doesn't connect to the DB it wont even start (i think in the old code it closes without letting you see what happened, needs a gets(buffer) to stop the execution).

What error you get when logging in? username or pass incorrect or just getting stuck in an empty screen?
As the other thread, you need the same bbtable on the client and server and you could delete the key_data in the database for the account and try.. i have had that issue before.

minifussy

Im getting as far as imputting my password and userID into the client and selecting Start Game, the welcome message is displayed, but the the game errors and says username or password incorrect. Ive tried editing the sqltable to an unencrypted pwd as well, thats not working either :(

Whats this about a bbtable? Im using that createTethEXE to generate a client exe... theres something about a table in there, but im just ignoring it...

Soly said:
minifussy said:
Almost everything.
If the login doesn't connect to the DB it wont even start (i think in the old code it closes without letting you see what happened, needs a gets(buffer) to stop the execution).

What error you get when logging in? username or pass incorrect or just getting stuck in an empty screen?
As the other thread, you need the same bbtable on the client and server and you could delete the key_data in the database for the account and try.. i have had that issue before.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
If you generate a new table, you need to copy the bbtable.h to the source folder and over write the one in the login_server's folder and then recompile both the login_server and ship_server.

Think of the table as a spoken language. If the client is speaking Portguese (example, new bbtable) and the login is speaking old world Spanish (example, old bbtable), you'll never get logged on.

minifussy

Ive managed to rebuild the login server, but not the ship :<

unresolved external symbol _fscanf referenced in function _mts_loadstate

:')

minifussy

I have now managed to compile the ship after migrating some of the other source code to the new visual studio standards.