Never been a good 5.

Ellation226

It seems that there never has ben a good 5th game in a Phantasy Star series. The OG Phantasy Star never got to 5 and the 5th episode of PSO2 was considered awful i heard. Any other 5s i may have missed?

How many series even get a fifth game?
Bar is a little high for an otherwise mediocre franchise.

But let me tell you about Galuf...

yep, FF5 is great

-Zelda: OoT is the 5th game
-Metroid Prime is the 5th game
-Super Mario Bros 3 is sort of the 5th main game in the series in a way (Donkey Kong, Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, then 3)

Tales of Symphonia was the fifth Tales game and most consider it to be the best in the franchise, myself included.

Though to go into your theory Fire Emblem Thracia 776 was the fifth game in the series and if you like strategy games that don’t reward strategic play and pump as much RNG into every aspect of the game possible you’ll love Thracia. Only game in the series where heal staves can miss, hit and crit rates never go below 1% but never go above 99% (and let’s just say RNG calculations in the pre GBA FE games were brutal and unforgiving) so no matter how well you play there is always the opportunity for you to lose someone through no fault of your own. That paired withthe most clunky and dickish map design the franchise has ever seen and mechanics that actually handicap you but not the enemies and you’ve got the second worst game in the franchise.

...I may have just commented to vent because I know someone who always responds with “well you just don’t like thinking” if you bring up any of these criticisms to him. XD

Back