Most painful hunt?

Discussion in 'General' started by JABRONLL, Jul 10, 2018 at 5:51 PM.

1. JABRONLL

JABRONLL Member

Guildcard:
    Weve all had that one hunt that has stood out as our most painful hunt. Usually it is associated with time spent or the amount over the drop rate it took us . Tell your story here.

saga likes this.
  2. conenubi701

conenubi701 קרטל אל

Guildcard:
    Hunting 200 wins in battle mode.

I think I'm at 198 or 199 but I'm forever waiting until Uni and Remu come back. :(

Alakaboom and GHOSTS like this.
  3. Bonesy

Bonesy A Dog

Guildcard:
    hunting playing the game at a decent time of day instead of at 12 am deprived of sleep

Alakaboom likes this.
  4. Alakaboom

Alakaboom Member

5. Blues22475

Blues22475 Big Bang Strike!

Guildcard:
    Handgun: Guld. I am still hunting for it now. About 37 days in.

saga and Ender like this.
  6. Aizen

Aizen Member

For me, it would be Red Ring. While not a hard drop. I gave up on this hunt long ago due the to the number of times I've run TTF and never got RR. And I'm talking for 3 years, back when whitill had like a 1/50 drop and 1/64 for every other ID. You know that feeling of excited anticipation you get during the cut scene while you wait for a banner? I lost that long ago. At this point if I find one I won't even be excited, and I'll just sell it immediately.

Cassie 9 likes this.
  7. anime

anime Bonsai Trees

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
  8. saga

saga Sato Farmer

Guildcard:
    That was me back on Schthack, I got to 199 on my RAmar and never got one. I even played in a game where one dropped, somehow our 4th player left or d/cd and we had a RR drop, but it was literally "Skiped" into infinity. Inexplicably, it poofed on us. So that was painful. But slowly and steadily running here on Ephinea I found one. I think the key is not burning yourself out on it, just keeping at it even if it's just two or three runs a day.

As for me, haven't gotten into anything crazy like a Guld hunt just yet — but back on my Yelloboze RAmar I hunted countless Crimsons in MA4Bs for a HP. Silly hunt that was. Got PD'd like 15 times. ╭( ・ㅂ・)و

Le Monde, Alakaboom and Blues22475 like this.
  9. Blues22475

Blues22475 Big Bang Strike!

Guildcard:
    ^Tis the truth. I found this out about 3 or 4 days into the hunt. Better to just do a few runs a day because after awhile you'll start seeing Delbiters/Squid/Transformers when you're in the shower (on Purplenum ID).

Alakaboom likes this.
  10. Alakaboom

Alakaboom Member

the obvious choice, aside from Sorc Pwand

11. shadow_FIX

shadow_FIX ephinea music instructor

seasons D-parts. 1/160 redria bulclaw. to be sure, a VERY easy hunt.

i killed somewhere between 1500-2000 bulclaw before getting it to drop. and no, i'm unfortunately not joking. i stopped playing with other people because someone else would get like 2 of them to drop in one game after i had been hunting it for hours.

12. Mia

Mia Member

Guildcard:
    I hunted SJS religiously on schthack server for the better part of a year, running the beginning PW4 solo. I usually ran 10-20 runs a day, its been years ago but I finally got the drop around month 8. It was roughly 18,000+ killed. Absolutely brutal.. and of course it had machine..

saga likes this.
  13. Chronos Notashi

Chronos Notashi Member

Guildcard:
    S-Parts for me currently. Normal Mines is easy for someone way past the required level (especially with my Seasons HUcast), but trying to fight that 1/10639 drop from Gilchics is a pain, and I've had no luck with Coren in getting one (even getting a Three Seals from him has been such a pain in the ass that I've been considering trading for it instead). I've considered making an Oran HUcaseal to try to hunt the 1/7447 Dark Gunners, but those are a pain in a different way.

Don't want to trade for it, though, because I know it will just end up getting outclassed if I get a Red Ring and I want to save my PDs for things.

saga likes this.
  14. Eva

Eva Member

Guildcard:
    probably the bear that killed 3/4 of my sheep this spring

ps it's dead

Over9000, saga and anime like this.
  15. BreezyBoo

BreezyBoo I'd rather die than have to see your smile

Guildcard:
    Psycho Wand and v101 and handgun+2

16. Maverick

Maverick Member

Everything I’ve ever “hunted” in ult.

I kid you not, I’ve never found anything I’ve ever hunted for. I find garbage rares while playing and slowly accumulate wealth until I can afford the drops I can’t find. Still working on that.

17. psycho_beast

psycho_beast Member

Guildcard:
    handgun+2 for sure. Also, you live in Mulkiteo? That's fucking wild. I live in Kent lol

BreezyBoo likes this.
  18. Prinny

Prinny Melee FOney is best FOney, dood.

Guildcard:
    Not on Ephinea but hunting a God/Ability on GC. Never played online and didn’t have the plus version so no Tower access left me with that lone Gibbles during a CCA run.

I still haven’t found that God/Ability...

Acaru likes this.
  19. SLU

SLU Member

b>rr

20. SLU

SLU Member

I live in Seattle. Bring ephineacon to WA!