March 22nd 03:00 UTC maintenance complete.

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
The maintenance scheduled for 03:00 UTC on March 22nd, 2018 has been completed.

The following changes were made to the server:

- Hardcore players can no longer join non-Hardcore Classic drop style games.
- Added new experience share system which is on by default but can be toggled off. With the new experience share system, you will receive tagged experience from monsters for just being in the vicinity of a kill. The person who lands the final blow still gets full experience. The experience share system cannot be enabled in Challenge or Battle mode.
- New characters will, by default, now have PSO2 drop style enabled. You can still go back to Classic drops at the counter.
- Easter theme is up but the event has not fully started. Expect that later this week. You should be able to find Egg Rappy in the meantime.

Thank you for playing on Ephinea.

Last edited:
Maintenance has been completed. See opening post in this thread for more details.

- Added new experience share system which is on by default but can be toggled off. With the new experience share system, you will receive tagged experience from monsters for just being in the vicinity of a kill. The person who lands the final blow still gets full experience.
how big is the radius and what % of exp is recieved?

Whats the command to toggle the EXP?

Radius is the same as the PSO2 drop style radius. Shared exp when not final blow is 77%, same as PSO's regular non-final blow exp when tagging was a thing.

I'm legitimately curious. How difficult was it to implement something like this? Are you able to give any specific, technical details? Half of the recent thread was benched on reverse engineering the game.

Aside, I truly believe this is a step towards better accessibility in the game. Nicely done and thank you.

Also when you say "same as the PSO2 drop style radius" what is that exactly? Does that mean the whole room or what? I've never thought about a pso2 radius, so i really don't know and I'm curious? Thanks.

It wasn't too hard to implement. Like I said earlier, players get experience for being in the area of a kill. Final blow gets 100%, everyone else 77%. For the person who lands the final blow, the radius is from his or her X/Y coordinates because monster positions are different on everyone's screens.

The PSO2 drop radius, and now also the experience share radius, is just about as big as the Episode 1's Dragon's boss fight room.

I used to be against the EXP share, but I've seen some really good arguments to the contrary lately, and every other RPG does it the same way. Well done, Soda and staff. You guys are always looking to improve things!

Well, a few of the concerns I had WERE the amount of EXP that those who didn't tag would get, how the EXP would be distributed, and whether or not there would be measures/limits to keep a fair balance (I did say I would overlook the "leeching" part if those concerns were addressed). 77% EXP for not getting the kill AND the ability to toggle the EXP share on/off seems like a good compromise to satisfy both parties. Kudos for using the PSO2 drop radius for the EXP sharing range as well.

Also, I wasn't one of the ones that felt that it would be difficult to implement a different EXP system (just concerned whether or not it would be possible in the first place, depending on if it was a hard-coded aspect of PSO). Just felt that there was the concern of whether or not it would be worth the development time after the proposal to speed up VH progression was rejected. Here's hoping that it will be.

Shared exp when not final blow is 77%, same as PSO's regular non-final blow exp when tagging was a thing.
This is incorrect.

Before EXP Share was added, the actual % of EXP you got from tagging was 80%. After EXP Share was added, you reduced it to 77% EXP for both not tagging a killed enemy and tagging a killed enemy.

TEST: Kill Poison Lily in Very Hard (100 EXP).

Total EXP without killing anything: 14107605
unknown.png

Poison Lily killed, but didn't tag. 14107682 (+77 EXP)
unknown.png

Poison Lily killed, tagged but didn't kill: 14107759 (+77 EXP)
unknown.png

In the last screenshot, it shows "EXP+80", which is 80% of Poison Lily's EXP in Very Hard, but you only receive 77% EXP for it.

You’re actually incorrect and I am too.

If you turn exp share off and try your test, you’ll probably only get 77 exp as well as exp share off uses the same code it has always used.

If you get 80 with exp share off and after a tag, then that would be weird as I have always used 77 in the code.

Either way, I’ll have to fix it, but don’t presume to think I purposefully changed a number on purpose for experience share to be a dick or something.

I just tested with EXP Share OFF and tagging only gave 77% EXP. So yes, we were both wrong.

I never presumed that you did this to be a dick, @Sodaboy. What matters is we were both able to notice something wrong based on observations and be able to address it.

I just tested with EXP Share OFF and tagging only gave 77% EXP. So yes, we were both wrong.

I never presumed that you did this to be a dick, @Sodaboy. What matters is we were both able to notice something wrong based on observations and be able to address it.
Yep! Thank you for your report! Updating the server with the fix in a little bit.

Reactions: NDW
Back