Making your own Dynamic Music File?

jman

HardCore
Does anyone know how to make their own Dynamic Ogg files or either know the Tags for this. Not sure if it was BATTLE_START.

phantasystarved

worse than a Humar
I've fiddled with this a bit and haven't been able to figure it out, but I'm not a technical wizard in the least! I'd also be interested in knowing.

I also would like to know if there's a way to replace an ogg file for episode 4 music without having it bug out. What happens when I try is that no music will play, then the game will freeze/crash when you try returning to Pioneer.

CTB

JK hate paused, busy!
probably because caves doesn't care if you use "dynamic" loops or not

i didnt write the guide anyway tho w/e

Soly

I guess you refer to the "multi stream" oggs, they are used only in specific areas (not all OGGs can be made that way, for PSO), and there isn't any tag for that.
You have to divide your ogg in very small sound chunks which pso plays based on certain variables.

That's why if you grab a "normal" song and put it into these oggs, they "bug" out.

CTB

JK hate paused, busy!
...because Caves, like the rest of EP1, doesn't take issue when you put songs that don't have the streaming approach. Put whatever you want into CCA and it will crash.

CTB

JK hate paused, busy!
I haven't done this in a while but iirc
Forest
Cave
Mine
Ruins
Temple (inc. BA var)
Spaceship (inc. BA var)
Seabed

...and you can mod the rest, but you have to do it in the way Daco detailed...I think, anyway!

phantasystarved

worse than a Humar
Right, speaking from experience, the only tracks that will mess up if you pop a normal track in is CCA/Tower, Crater and Sub Desert. All other maps and all bosses are fine (even St. Million).

Ryan

Heavenly/Luck
Staff member
i use loop_start on most of the game's tracks and it works fine...

also, here's a useful list of track names that i use when modding music