Mags and cells

Law

Guildcard
Hi All

This is my first post on the forums so please dont shout at me :)

I have returned to PSO. I have loved the game since I first played it back on Dreamcast, cant believe its almost been 20 years. Playing BB has been a great cure to my nostalgic itch but its also presented me with a bit of a learning curve.

I have a question about Mags. As I mentioned I am a extremely nostalgic person and would love to get hold of a DreamCast mag for my RAmar. I remember having all kinds of mags back in the day, from Chaos to retro consoles, I had myself a SWEET collection :)
Would anyone be able to tell me or even remind me on how I can obtain mag cells? from memory I seem to remember getting some during events at Christmas or Easter from special rappies but how do I get my hands on them now? I have checked out the drop tables for the server but couldn't find cells on that list.

Thank you for reading, also, thank you to anyone who may have bumped into me online and helped. I have seen some nice people and been gifted items such as 4 slot armor - I appreciate the looking out, Im leveling fast and now need to start increasing the quality of my items.

All the best.

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/basic-mag-information.1497/

This guide has a section for mag cells. But the short answer is that most of them seem to only be available during events. Unless I misread the item ticket section, which I may have!

the guides section of the forums is under General. I’m a newbie to and I didn’t find it until like last week, LOL! But generally I’ve been able to find stuff not on the wiki there.

@Law , here's how you're going to have to go about getting the mag cells that you'll need to make your Dreamcast mag:

1. You're going to have to get a hold of 5 of an item called "Item Ticket". They're going to cost you up to 15 PD total, depending on how generous the seller(s) is/are.
2. With these tickets in your inventory, start up an Episode 2 party then go to the Guild Quest Counter. Look for the quest called "Item Present" under the "Shop" category. Load this quest.
3. Once in the quest, you're going to want to buy 1 of each of the following mag cells with your 5 item tickets:
Kit of Mark III
Kit of Master System
Kit of Genesis
Kit of Sega Saturn
Kit of Dreamcast

Now here's how you make the mag:

1. You're going to have to level your RAmar to level 60 to even start the process of making the mag. Once he's Lv.60, you're going to want to obtain a "starter mag" (any mag that is level 5-9). then you use the Kit of Mark III on it and it becomes a Mark III mag.
2. Level the RAmar to at least LV.70 and the Mark III mag to at Least LV.60. Use the Kit of Master System on the Mark III to make it become a Master System.
3. Level the RAmar to at least Lv.80 and the Master System to at least LV.70. Use the Kit of Genesis on the Master System to make it become a Genesis.
4. Level the RAmar to at least Lv.90 and the Genesis to at least LV.90. Use the Kit of Sega Saturn on the Genesis to make it become a Sega Saturn.
5. Level the RAmar to at least Lv.100 and the Sega Saturn to at least LV.100. Use the Kit of Dreamcast on it, and you've got yourself your Dreamcast mag.

Please note, however, that the Dreamcast mag will not have access to ANY use of Photon Blasts whatsoever. But it does have the best trigger rate in the game from what I can gather.

Last edited:
Reactions: Law
Back