"Loading configuration from ship.ini..."

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Seiryu, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Seiryu

Seiryu Member

Hello,

I'm relatively new at Linux and servers as a whole (1 week to be precise) and I've managed to get the patch server and login server working. I'm using the precompiled TethVer12510 (I'll take a shot at compiling from source once I've had more practice all together.

My issue is what I stated in the title, though. When I launch ship.ini with wine, it sits indefinitely at "Loading configuration from ship.ini...". I'm able to launch the game from a different machine and connect through the patch and login servers, as well as create a character, but when attempting to connect to the ship server, it says "No Ships Found" and boots back to the login.

I've searched ye ol' interwebs for a solid hour on this issue or more before posting here (the only result was from compiling from a fresh source, which I have no idea how to do yet). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Soly

Soly Member

I guess you could try to debug it (or at least add some more printf's after the "Loading..." message to see where it exactly stops)
    Iirc, the config loading is done in a loop, so you might want to see which is the last iteration it does so you get an idea of what's going on.

3. Seiryu

Seiryu Member

Thanks for the response. I'm working on building a new executable based on the answer here (https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/problems-running-the-ship-server-on-wine-ubuntu.283/)

And I've more or less figured out how to get things rolling, but when I try to compile the ship server from the source code, it's giving me #include errors, the files it's searching for aren't in the directory.

Error:

ship_server.c
    ship_server.c(87): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pso_crypt.h': No such file or directory

Code:
    #include    "resource.h"
    #include    "pso_crypt.h"
    #include    "bbtable.h"
    #include    "localgms.h"
    #include    "prs.cpp"

I looked in the ship_server folder that came with the source files and the only one in there is the resource.h, the ones beyond that are missing. Is there a way around this? Are these files necessary?

Thanks

4. Soly

Soly Member

The files are necessary, as its part of the source code.
    Just look for the files in the source code folder and set them up correctly.

5. Seiryu

Seiryu Member

Thanks for all of your help, Soly. Sorry for waiting so long to post an update. Server's been working great now for the last couple of weeks and it's (more or less) stable.