Level 20+ ID Change

pso_zet

DISCONNECTED
Guildcard
Hello! I was showing a friend of mine how to change his id to Redria... i miss typed and accidentally made myself Redria even though my char is level 140. When I tried to change back to Oran at that moment then did the error that I was over level 20 show up... It was an honest mistake that shouldn't even be possible and can't return to being Oran.

Might not be a bug, depending entirely on how old you are here. A while ago when the ep4 charts were changed again everyone was offered 1 free section id change to compensate for the change that might've fucked over some peoples hunts. If you were around before the last EP4 change then you'd have a ID change in reserve. Unless the moderation is feeling kind it might be something you'd have to deal with.

Redria is way better than Oran anyway :). Trust me, you will be fine ;)

I still don't see why the ability to change ID was taken out.

Redria is way better than Oran anyway :). Trust me, you will be fine ;)

@pso_zet This ^ man is right. Red is a much better ID but if your insistent on being Oran I hope it get resolved. Seems like what @Colette says is plausible; how old is your character Zet?

I still don't see why the ability to change ID was taken out.

It was given only to people who had characters before the change of E4 because of the changes (so people can't moan, that it effects their ID).

And any character below lvl 20 can still get one ID change.

Nothing was 'taken out'.

Just seems silly that we can't choose to hunt whatever we want unless we want to make a new character and build that for tons of hours. Freedom of ID choice was IMO a real quality of life improvement to PSO that this server was using well. Unlike certain other servers that use to charge you to change it.

Having to rely on others being on as well isn't a good thing IMO.

Not having full dressing room is another thing, but I have the feeling they just want to wait to put that in at least.

This server has never allowed you to change your Section ID past level 20 other than for drop chart changes so you can decide if you want to change your ID or not.

Section IDs are going to stay as they are because that's how PSO always was and changing something fundamental like that sort of defeats the point.

As for the subject of the thread, since it was your own mistake, I'm afraid you're going to have to live with it unless one of the other admins decide to make a change for you.

Oh really? Well guess I didn't know that. Guess I was a bit confused considering how I pretty much only joined right after the 1st drop chart change I guess. Oh well my bad.

I still stand by my thought that we should have the ability to hunt whatever we want w/o having to rely on another ID from someone or making a new character but I can understand the idea behind keeping the system in place due to tradition, even though this server does want to make quality of life changes.

So, I do think there could be ways around that while keeping the idea behind the ID in mind.
What about it costing your mats to change the id? This way the value of mats doesn't vanish, which is what a free ID change would do, sort of lower the value of mats cause less characters would have to be made.

I also think that being able to change the ID on certain events like the yearly one would be a way to keep people playing as well.

ID change is perfect as or right now. If you don't like the ID you get just change it. It's an old game... Look up your hunts before you hunt them. If you have a shitty ID just make a new guy. Everyone here has a new character so just play with them...

@pso_zet I know it sucks, but you can make an oran on a second account and still play your first dude if you like the class (make game with 2nd account, join with redria dude). You're just locked out of oran one person mode.

Also one of my banks is named "and /modsec" because I wanted to tell a newbie "/modname and /modsecid" (was gonna find and image but i dont have it :( )

Also one of my banks is named "and /modsec" because I wanted to tell a newbie "/modname and /modsecid" (was gonna find and image but i dont have it :( )

That was so damn funny.

Back