Let's Play Phantasy Star Online Episode 3!

Stanty

So I just released my first lets play video; I'm doing a whole playthrough, both heroside and darkside, of Phantasy Star Online 3: CARD Revolution. If you've never seen the game before this is your chance to check it out! I'll be doing a video every monday, wednesday and friday till the games done :) Enjoy!

Its actually really interesting to see someone play this for the first time so long after release, figuring the game out as you go as is apparant on your first fight.
Its actually a good game. It didn't had a big following but I have fond memories of the following it had. Had some surprisingly deep mind-inducing games online as well.

Will be following this for sure ^^.

Sadly, mew's not sure if what she heard was 'true'...buuuut, SEGA never released the source codes for EP3. Thus Why there's no private servers out there that can get EP3 to work 'flawlessly'?? Back on SCHTHACK we had a passionate and somewhat 'talented' individual by the name of Crono that swore he could get EP3 to work there. Sure, we could load up ep3 on our GC and login just fiiiine....BUT, the Dice would Freeze up, Turns would skip, Defense cards wouldn't work....it was a MESS!! Mew, like others prolly picked up the game case at the store, looked at the pictures on the back...sighed....and put the case back on the shelf. ONLY to come BACK and cradle it up to the counter~! XD!

Sadly, mew's not sure if what she heard was 'true'...buuuut, SEGA never released the source codes for EP3. Thus Why there's no private servers out there that can get EP3 to work 'flawlessly'?? Back on SCHTHACK we had a passionate and somewhat 'talented' individual by the name of Crono that swore he could get EP3 to work there. Sure, we could load up ep3 on our GC and login just fiiiine....BUT, the Dice would Freeze up, Turns would skip, Defense cards wouldn't work....it was a MESS!! Mew, like others prolly picked up the game case at the store, looked at the pictures on the back...sighed....and put the case back on the shelf. ONLY to come BACK and cradle it up to the counter~! XD!

I do have my SCHTHACK server settings set up for GCN incase I can get a group together and everything works out fine, since I'd love to include some online gameplay somewhere in there. I'm very content with just the storyline though haha.

Did you play lots of Episode 3, Mew? I knew the game existed and was interested but, eh, never got around to it as a boy.

Its actually really interesting to see someone play this for the first time so long after release, figuring the game out as you go as is apparant on your first fight.
Its actually a good game. It didn't had a big following but I have fond memories of the following it had. Had some surprisingly deep mind-inducing games online as well.

Will be following this for sure ^^.

I appreciate that a lot. Knowing even one person is into the idea makes me want to see the series through to the end :D so thank you for your feedback!

I do have my SCHTHACK server settings set up for GCN incase I can get a group together and everything works out fine, since I'd love to include some online gameplay somewhere in there. I'm very content with just the storyline though haha.

Did you play lots of Episode 3, Mew? I knew the game existed and was interested but, eh, never got around to it as a boy.
"Did mew play a lot?". Let's just say when the final hours of SEGA GC Server shut down....Mew had the Rank of "GOD" over her tiny head~! So yeah...she 'played~!' <3! Sadly during her final days some ASSHAT by the name of Atherin used a memory card corruption hack on mew and WIPED OUT YEARS of EP1, 2, AND 3!!! Never even got a chance to use her new Delsaber card! But of All the cards mew had....she'll miss her HallowRappy the most! ='(.

I think I played through the story about 4 times, 2 for each side. It's a....different game to say the least and was fun. I ended up playing through that one mission for easy card gains outside of the storyline. The 3 final bosses? Oof. They were tough, especially when you get into the meat and potatoes of the game, like knowing what cards are best for what character on each side. I found the Hero side to be more fun for me than the Arkz side, but both sides had their fun times for me.

It was definitely worth playing, despite being considered the dark horse of the series.

I've always wanted to try the CARD revolution game. It sucks that SEGA never released the code

Back