known bugs of vanilla Tethealla.

larva

I didn't find any specific bug section, but i guess this is the best section for know to post this.
i will try to list all the known bugs that we have found during the years from a clean vanilla source of Teth.

Teams related:
beside the all the unfinished part of the team system.
-Owner of team can't delete members if the member is not online. This is a minor but really annoying problem for Old teams that have reach the limit of member, and they need to delete inactive members to add new ones.

General Ship related:
-Ship is caped to 63 useres online at the same time. This is a issue of winsock.h for a definition that is in it, doberman figure this out and advise to define in ship a fd_setsize. This works like a work around. Credits to doberman.

Code:
#define FD_SETSIZE XX     <-- XX as the desire number of maximum member allowed in ship.

right as the first line in ship_server.c

-Before adding the fd_setsize definition in the ship i played around with limit of users in ship. Ship does not care about the limit of users online stated in the ship.ini. You can even try to set the limit to only 2 users online. And ship will still allow more members, completely ignoring the ship.ini setting.

-When you finish a quest, the counter send you to lobby one, but if lobby one is full member just hang there and need to restart the game. Would be better to redirect the member to other lobby.

and ill add more known bugs more late, because im at work at the moment. and customer is kinda looking over my shoulder now lol.

larva

Sodaboy said:
Don't forget the bank and sorting bug. "???", anyone? :D

there's that too XD

-Common bank desync causing items to banish or get the bank corrupted. .Tofu implemented a change that fixed the common bank.
-mag's desync. Tofu implemented another fix but mags are still little desync.
-Unseal items. The unseal system in the vanilla source is REALLY broken. Choko implemented a fix, but still has some minor desync problem, but is way better now. usually sorting the items fix the item.

the bug of "???". this was patched by tofu and since then ultima haven't present that bug.

if i recall more i post them.

Chuk

@Larva, you can take a look at the "known bugs" topic on the ultima forum. I havn't updated it in a while but some bugs are probably still relevant.

Smokey

RevPSO C.E.O
Sodaboy said:
Don't forget the bank and sorting bug. "???", anyone? :D
That ???? bug is a nasty one indeed. :p

As for the mag de-sync bug, that's linked with common bank right? stats on mags change when used?

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
The ???? bug is actually straight forward when you spend a bit of time debugging it. It's caused by a desync of item ID's (mainly when using the common bank but it can occur anytime) and when the player sort's their items some go missing. If the client passes an itemid to the ship that it doesn't recognize it just removes it. So a "fix" until the desync is resolved is to not have the ship sort the items if the client sends an unknown item ID to the ship. This wont be an issue as the ship always looks up the itemID before doing anything with an item in the inventory so even if the order doesn't match between the client and ship it wont affect the wrong item when dropping for example.

mag desync occurs because teth isn't synchronized with the client. When depositing it into the bank or relogging it makes the desync apparent. So using the bank isn't the cause of the desync its just the ship code not being quite right. I've made improvements but there is still slight desync's that occur (minor desync).

In standard teth code for example, say attack is 1104 (11 atp plus 4%). If feeding the mag an item would take say 9 away from ATP the result would be 1095 so sets it to 1100. Well this is wrong. The client doesn't do this. If feeding will result in reducing the attribute it doesn't decrease at all. So with 1104, if 9 is to be taken away it will leave it at 1104. This is just 1 of a few things that are wrong with the code. There is also an issue with the evolution paths. I could post up the fixes in the mean time if you like. As the next release of teth is a while off yet.

Lee

The ???? bug is actually straight forward when you spend a bit of time debugging it. It's caused by a desync of item ID's (mainly when using the common bank but it can occur anytime) and when the player sort's their items some go missing. If the client passes an itemid to the ship that it doesn't recognize it just removes it.

I wonder how many times i can find in my logs where i told terry this, and even when i had christian once over his code said the same and then forwarded that to terry lol. He'll say I'm lying about this though i guess.

mag desync occurs because teth isn't synchronized with the client. When depositing it into the bank or relogging it makes the desync apparent. So using the bank isn't the cause of the desync its just the ship code not being quite right. I've made improvements but there is still slight desync's that occur (minor desync).

I'm going to do another pass on schtservs mag code, I haven't heard of any major de-syncs on schtserv now for a long time since the last pass i did, just some evolutions that apparently are muddled up, I'll post any relevant code when I have, prob be jan though before i get some real time now. It's easy to convert the delphi anyway. But yeah the main culprit in both servers was the inability for the client to take away a value when the value would drop below 0.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Lee said:
I wonder how many times i can find in my logs where i told terry this, and even when i had christian once over his code said the same and then forwarded that to terry lol. He'll say I'm lying about this though i guess.
Because you are?

You never told me the exact cause of the ??? bug at all.

If you wanted to be a champion and truly save people and their servers, you should have told the other people who ran their own servers how to fix it, since you obviously always have the answers to everything.

But seriously, just stop, God. The only person who told me how to fix the ??? bug was tofuman and that was quite some time ago, even before the project got revived. I never updated the code and published it, but he was the only one to tell me the exact cause and that's the truth of the matter, I put that on everything.

... and stop being so rude using my first name when speaking about me. It's like you're purposefully being a dick and proving my point earlier about what a poor attitude you have.

You know what, forget it, just get lost, man.