Keyboard help for Mac Airbook. How to get to quick switch weapon menu?

Hi folks. Just started playing PSO again. Last time I played was on Dreamcast. It's been great. But I'm having trouble figuring out all the keyboard commands and buttons and actions with my MacBook Air 2015ish model. It's got a smaller keyboard than your typical plug-n-play keyboard for a desktop.

The one thing I want to figure out that I can't seem to recreate is how I got a quick switch weapon menu to pop up. It seems like there was one time I hit a combo of keys and it brought up what weapons I was carrying on the bottom right of my game screen and I was able to quickly switch to different weapons. Now I can't seem to figure out what I did to bring up that quick switch menu for weapons. Any ideas?

It's no the F2 key. That brings up everything I have equip. The key combo I'm looking for brought up just the weapons in the bottom right corner. Is this a thing or did I imagine it?

Also, does anyone know a way I can change the key that changes my action palette. I would prefer the change action palette key to be something other than CTRL (control, spelled out on my keyboard). The options>keyboard config menu doesn't let me change the action palette 2nd page key. Any help with that?

Thanks for the help.

Hi folks. Just started playing PSO again. Last time I played was on Dreamcast. It's been great. But I'm having trouble figuring out all the keyboard commands and buttons and actions with my MacBook Air 2015ish model. It's got a smaller keyboard than your typical plug-n-play keyboard for a desktop.
Looks like that keyboard lacks an End key, as many laptop keyboards do, now. Home as well, which opens and closes the main menu by default, without requiring you to have "Function Key Setting" on "Menu Shortcut" and using F12.

The one thing I want to figure out that I can't seem to recreate is how I got a quick switch weapon menu to pop up. It seems like there was one time I hit a combo of keys and it brought up what weapons I was carrying on the bottom right of my game screen and I was able to quickly switch to different weapons. Now I can't seem to figure out what I did to bring up that quick switch menu for weapons. Any ideas?
The quick menu window will appear in the bottom left, and I agree, it is extremely helpful since you can access weapons, items and techniques each on a different page of it. It's actually the button which is mapped to the top of your Action Palette, "Symbol Chat Open," but you press it while you have switched to the second palette, so you do first need to hold down the button to switch to it, "Action Palette Change." You can change these in Options -> Keyboard Config. "Symbol Chat Open" is on the "Config of Action Palette" page while "Setting improper item" is the name of the page with "Action Palette Change." While using a game pad the buttons to change the pages of the quick menu are separate, but it looks like your "Action Palette Right" will also act as next page, not sure which one is previous page right now.

Also, does anyone know a way I can change the key that changes my action palette. I would prefer the change action palette key to be something other than CTRL (control, spelled out on my keyboard). The options>keyboard config menu doesn't let me change the action palette 2nd page key. Any help with that?

Thanks for the help.
All four defaults for Keyboard Config use Ctrl to switch action palettes and End for symbol chat. They just differ in which keys you use to move your character. You would need to use Custom.

Back