Japanese server

Discussion in 'Installation' started by PSO Dad, Mar 30, 2018.

1. PSO Dad

PSO Dad Member

It's very cool that Ephinea can use Japanese for quests and displays. Can a server I run with my son do that too? Can I download the Japanese language files somewhere, or is it just for Epi?

Thanks a lot.

Alakaboom and kanae like this.
  2. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    Mad likes this.
  3. PSO Dad

PSO Dad Member

Excellent. I downloaded, organized and tested everything and am now running a JP server with all available quests. Thanks a lot for the quick response and the links.

4. PSO Dad

PSO Dad Member

I don't know if I missed this or this is a new development, but everything displays correctly in Japanese on almost every part of the game except the weapons and armor, which are confused in every direction (Rods show up as Lockgun, Shields are a long string of Kanji referring to Black Paper, etc...) Is there an updated set of files for the weapons and armor?

Also, should I make a new thread next time or keep it in the same one?

Thanks!

5. Sodaboy

Sodaboy Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    This is your own server. You can’t use our item description files for your own. They won’t match.

All you need to do is make sure your unitxt_j.prs file matches the stuff you have in your itempmt.prs file and stuff should align.

If you have no idea what I am talking about regarding either of the files, then you should probably do some research on them.