ItemPT.gsl for Blue Burst (w/ Ep4 data)

Eidolon

The Tethealla zips in the main thread are big endian GameCube files that only include Ep1 and 2, and challenge mode for both. Can someone supply me with an ItemPT.gsl that has the Ep4 data too? (Big or little, doesn't matter, though I suspect people only have it in little form).

For reference, the GameCube ItemPT.gsl is ~652KiB. The BB one should be larger.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
There is no official Blue Burst ItemPT.gsl. That file would have existed on the SEGA servers only, if it existed.

However, I can post you mine that I created by coming up with my own Episode IV data.

This is actually one of the big problems with Episode IV. No one has an official PT, RT, and so on, since that data only existed on the server and was never included or sent to the client. So, all data is just conjured up by what people remember from databases and their own interpretation.

Attachments

• ItemPT_BB.zip
    29.3 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: Mad

Eidolon

Thanks, I suppose this will work. That's really strange, how does the client see Ep4 items then? Is that part of ItemPMT.prs?

I assume that some of the existing files are overridden with Ep4 data here, since the GSL table only has files for 1, 2, C1 and C2.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
That's right. The ItemPMT file is sent by the server to the client at login. It has all of the Episode 4 item data in it.

Soly

I know it's not a problem since you, me and probably everyone skips it, but will you add the Ep4 stuff in the header? :D (for the "official" downloads, that is)

Eidolon

@Sodaboy does this file just append the episode 4 data to the end? The file is larger but the file table is the same as the GC ItemPT.gsl, and my gsl archiver doesn't find the data.

I'm planning out some tools to convert the various parameter files to JSON/TOML/something and back, so they're more easily editable.

Soly

I know I'm not him but the EP4 data is appended. The header is the same because Soda forgot to change it (just as I said in my previous reply, [almost] nobody reads the header).
Jump 0x1000 bytes to get the next PTdata.

I already uploaded the PT editor I made, you could try that or make your own stuff, either way its fine I guess.

Last edited:

Aleron Ives

Nobody knows how Sega's BB PT file was formatted, since it was stored on the official server, but it's safe to say that they just added more files to the archive for Episode IV, as they did with Episode II (and changed the headers appropriately).

Eidolon

@Soly @Sodaboy I took your ItemPT.gsl and added files to the header matching with the format of the archive. I named the files "ItemPTbX.rel" where X is the section ID number, so Ep4's files would be marked "b" when loading. Wasn't too hard thanks to GSL's remarkably inefficient archiving, though I'm willing to bet the format is the way it is because of GameCube disc reading. This .gsl should work with existing ItemPT editors since I didn't move any offsets around.

I just realized that the ItemRT.gsl included with spsos has a naming convention for files in its bb rare tables, so I reuploaded the ItemPT with ItemPTbbX.rel instead of ItemPTbX.rel.

.....aaaand again because I typoed ItemPTbb0.rel

Attachments

• ItemPT.zip
    27.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Soly

Idk what header I left by default for my pt editor. I don't read it, so I just add a "new" one when saving the file. :p
I'll go ahead and use yours.

Edit:
Apparently I don't even have a header included, it will save the header of the file you are editing (you can't add or remove Ep-Diff-SectionID anyway).

Last edited: