Itempmt editing not changing anything in game

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Crimsonknight, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Crimsonknight

Crimsonknight Member

Hi, I'm using the itempmt editor found in Soly's stash and even though I have changed, for instance, the rifles class value to 251 so it can be equipped by hunters my huneweral is unable to equip it. I have tried changing other values as well, such as weapon models, and nothing has changed. I am slightly computer illterate so I may just be missing something.

2. Soly

Soly Member

Are you able to equip it in game and the server kicks you, or not able to equip it at all?
    The ship reads that data from values dumped into text files as csv

3. Crimsonknight

Crimsonknight Member

After messing with it overnight I got it to work. I changed both itempmt files 1 in the param folder and the other just in the server folder then restarted my computer. I'm not certain if all that was necessary but it worked. Not having any issues equipping the items or getting kicked for now.

4. Crimsonknight

Crimsonknight Member

Me again, I tried to use the level editor to increase stat gains and I screwed up somewhere along the lines and lost a plyleveltbl file( don't ask cuz I honestly don't know what happened) so I did a clean install and changed all my itempmt files and weaponpmt files like I did last time so I can equip whatever I wanted if I have the stats for it(my original idea). Now im getting the god/equip not enabled error which gives me a error 100 and kicks me. Im still using the same programs the itempmt editor and the bbpmt one

5. Soly

Soly Member

You might not be editing properly...
    The server only checks for the equip flag (which classes can equip) and for armor, it checks if you are at/over the required level.

Also, you could have just copied the plyleveltbl files from a fresh server, without losing the changes you already had on everything else

6. Crimsonknight

Crimsonknight Member

when I edit those files I change all the class equips to 255 to allow everyone to use everything unless that flags something because I was able to use a rifle on a heneweral but after I reset everything I was getting the error on a club. Which files do I have to modify exactly? the itempmtbin and the itempmtprs? do I also have to edit the weaponpmt file as well? Sorry for all the more than likely dumb questions.

7. Soly

Soly Member

Iirc, the server doesn't use any PMT files, that's only to send to the client.
    The ship uses the ini files.

8. Crimsonknight

Crimsonknight Member

So the only thing I should have to change is the weaponpmt file located in the param folder of the server? I shouldn't have to change anything in either itempmt files?

9. Soly

Soly Member

You have to change both, the itempmt file is sent to the game, while the server reads from the ini files.