Item Removals in the 'Green' (Tool) Shop

Volos

It makes sense that as you level up, better items become available. Lower level items (mono-fluids, etc.) are still beneficial for mag-feeding - however!

It would be better if lower tier items weren't removed from the tool shop when you become 'over levelled'

:)

Aleron Ives

The bigger problem is that the shop can only hold a limited number of items at once. Monomate and Monofluid are removed to make room for Di/Tri mate/fluid, as well as Sol and Star Atomizers.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
The game freezes. (FSOD or simply just stops responding until you ALT+Backspace.)

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
No, you shouldn't have FSOD'd. If Monomate shows up, Sol Atomizer won't show up. If Monofluid shows up, Star Atomizer won't show up. You probably FSOD'd for an entirely different reason.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, if it was the "shop" freeze which isn't possible due to how I coded it, the shop menu wouldn't pop up at all.

You would just see the tool girl's face with no menu at all. Usually it doesn't FSOD, they just sit there doing their idle animation and no menu ever pops up, you have to ALT+Backspace out. FSOD is very rare. :p And, actually, I meant FSOD for a different version of PSO. Usually when Blue Burst has an issue, the game just crashes or things just stop (while still animating).

Soly

Random "dev" question here...
The shop struct holds 0x18 shop_item(s) ... if you fill all those 0x18 then it will freeze?
If the answer is yes, then why 0x18 ? (And the answer to that would be sega of course lol)

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Basically, yeah, SEGA. I forget the exact amount of items that can be in each shop. Tool Shop is something like actually 17 or 18 then crash. Even though you can put 24 in the structure.

Oh, and the reason you can put 24 in the structure is for the other shops. They work fine.

Soly

Well.. had planned to mess with all...
Just a few ship changes to send the same shop over and over then mess with the file.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Soly, that's true for the old version of Tethealla. Now shops are generated by the server and have been for quite a while. (Since August 12th, I think?)

Soly

Well.. there you have it. :p
I'm sorry to bring up old code lol... I guess I'll have to wait until the release.
Feel free to delete the comment or w/e, I'll edit it anyways.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Edited my post up there, but yeah, since about August 12th, the server has been generating them. Kicked the shop.dat and shop2.dat to the curb, yo.

Soly

Sounds good, less "random" files to worry about either storing in the ship folder or sending from the login.
I guess there is no point on "studying" those files now :oops:

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think the only thing the ship has now is the BattleParam data, ItemPT data, PlayerLevelTable and the Unitxt_j.prs (maybe not on this one, in case ship operators want different ships to have different language data) file. Though, we should probably change these to be sent by the login server to the ships too. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to hold that update until tomorrow morning, but then I noticed the bug in Classic mode's DAR (that I am surprised no one noticed) after I changed the UpdateGameRate code recently. ;( So now I have to patch it right away. :p

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, fixed on Lumireis, can't update Auldrant since people are on it now. But Fodra won't be messed up after I update it in an hour. ;)