Issue playing through Steam Link. Can't get past Ephinea launcher menu.

BoboJam

Hello, I'm new so I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I did some searching and could not find a solution.

The game runs great on my PC, but I am having issues getting it to play through steam link. I add the game through steam through the Games -> add a non steam game menu. On my steam link, I can launch just fine into the Ephinea launcher, but I cannot get past the launcher. I am using a steam controller and have the track pad set to mouse movement, with clicking the pad as left click. Moving the cursor using my controller works fine. As I mouse over the different launcher menus they are highlighted as if I am using the mouse correctly, however left click does not seem to work at all. I can't click the start game button at all.

Does anyone have experience using steam link and a steam controller to play this game? I would really love to play from the comfort of my couch!

I've never used it but I'd assume that you'd wanna use psobb.exe to directly launch the game, rather than online.exe which opens the custom launcher.

I had a problem launching this on Steam Link, and wanted to post my solution in case someone else was trying to figure it out and found this thread via Google or whatever search engine they use.

1. psobb.exe would launch fine through Steam on my PC, but once my computer was streaming to Steam Link, it would fail to launch both on the client and server. I initially had resolution for the game set to 1440p regular (not classic) full screen to match the native resolution of my monitor. However, I am thinking this creates some sort of conflict and psobb.exe freaks out, because Steam Link can only stream at 1080p60hz. But this is what solved it

- Set the resolution of the game to 1920 x 1080 to match the native resolution of the Steam Link stream.
- Use CLASSIC full screen mode. Not sure what this mode is, but the game only launches on steam link if it is checked.

Hopefully this helps somebody in the future.

Back