Is there any way to set technique disks as rare drops?

I'm messing around with the editor and any time I try to put in a tech disk, it changes it to something else. I'm hoping theres some way to get around this.

Edit: Also, is there any way to change enemy DAR?

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Enemy DAR is by editing the item PT file. You can't set a tech as a rare drop because rare items can only have the first 3 bytes set for their information. So you'd only be able to set that it's a disk and the level of the tech. But it'd always drop Foie when set as a rare item because there is no logic to populate it otherwise.

Soly

As soda explained... you could however hack the functionality of the drops and have "custom hex codes" that you would check and make them techniques... but ugh xD

Ah damn. that is actually quite a big bummer. I wanted to make pinkal have lv30 attack techs as rare drops.

My only other question is, are you able to at least set the level range of techniques that drop in an area. Like for example

Normal Mines: Simple lv3-5 Gi 2-3. ra techs 1-2. M/G lv1.
Normal Ruins: simple techs 4-5. gi techs, 3-4. ra rechs. 2-3. M/G lv2-3

Something to that effect if you know that yet.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
You can, but it requires editing the itempt.gsl file which there is no simple tool for as far as I know. Doberman was working on one years ago but he disappeared one day and it never got released. You're probably out of luck unless you know how to read that file.

Soly

I plan to make one :? , just as you might have seen the shop editor I made "for the lulz"?
The structure is already in the source, so should be simple... but you never know.

qwerty

add these lines at the end of function GenerateRandomAttributes in ship_server.c
Code:
switch (i->item.data[0])
{
case 0x04:
    // meseta
    break;
case 0x32:
    // 0x32 stands for techs 0302xx
    i->item.data[4] = i->item.data[1];
    i->item.data[0] = 3;
    i->item.data[1] = 2;
default:
    break;
}
then you can use 32aabb to stand for tech aa lv bb, for example:
foie lv29: 32001C
foie lv30: 32001D
gifoie lv29: 32011C
gifoie lv30: 32011D
rafoie lv30: 32021D

Oh wow thank you a bunch.

Also, this is off topic but I didn't wanna make another one.

Ive been progressing with my remake and ive hit what looks like a roadblock for boss HP. Anytime I go over (somewhere inbetween 32500 and 32800), the values turn negative and the boss just dies instantly. I'm guessing the game has a max value of 326xx or something. I really really hope there's a way to make the game capable of reading higher. I really wanted end game bosses with like 200k+ hp.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
The HP is a short in the battle parameter, which means you can't go over 32767. That's just how it is.

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, PSO's packet when sending HP for monster can't go over this value either. Guess that was kind of short sighted of Sonic Team...

Aleron Ives

Yes, and awarding V3's 50000 isn't possible, even if you want to. You can only award up to 32767 in a quest or patched BattleParam.