Instant unseal item.

Ade

;3
Hi Team,

I think it would be cool to add an item that instantly unseals anything with a seal kill counter on it. It could be crazy rare and added to one of the weaker areas I mentioned in my other thread. (Like 1/10k or higher.)

We could call it Seal Cipher or something like that.

Description:

"An ancient cube with the ability code-break any lock or seal. When used on certain items, it..."

Not sure how that would work tbh.

It would be just like any other conversion item like Magic Rock Moola, Heart Key, etc. It would only work on items with an unseal kill counter, and it would just convert the pre-seal item into the unsealed item with the same %s.

I think this is a great idea because it doesn't change the Vanilla gear balance in the game and gives another item to diversify the drop charts.

If you were truly a serious vanilly player your kill count would never say exactly 10, 20, or 23k, because reading item statistics to know how many kills you have is not vanilly. ;)

This isn't necessarily true, Ives. If someone was enough of a savant, they could keep track in their head.

Anyway, this didn't really get much of a look before getting bogged down. Is there any interest in this item?

This would be a great drop to fill in to some of the weaker areas. It would make perfect sense for something like this to drop in Mines since it has a technological vibe to it, for example.

If someone was enough of a savant, they could keep track in their head.
Counting the number of enemies you kill is not the same thing as reading the game's memory to retrieve the current number of kills. Actually counting the kills would make unsealing take forever, though, because you'd have to explicitly kill enemies one by one to make sure you didn't desync your count with that of the game. Remember that only one kill per frame counts, as counting multiple enemies killed on the same frame is not vanilly, either. ;)

Back