Increased Number of Options for Character Creation/Dressing Room

Oth

Needs More Souls
I've always wondered if it would be possible to increase the number of options available at character creation and/or in the dressing room for player characters. Is it actually hardcoded or is it just a question of tedious coding work?

In any case, I would love seeing an increased variety of possible looks, whether based on unused concepts or even player mods.

Cyb3r_ZER0

Sounds like incredibly tedious work for the devs but it would be awesome. For example: Hair color slider for Racaseals.

DaBluHoundoom

I have returned from the void!
I do believe that kind of stuff is hard-coded client-side, since the options are the same as any of the console versions and original PSOBB.

Soly

Not possible without way more work than anyone would be willing to do (pretty sure about this lol).

The options in the dressing room are tied to the character models and skins.

Sounds like incredibly tedious work for the devs but it would be awesome. For example: Hair color slider for Racaseals.
No idea why hair color slider for a cast, they don't have hair.
(It would help for NPC skins which would get black hair (or whatever default they get) always since you can't change the cast "hair", but NPCs are not enabled in Ephinea so doesn't really matter)

Last edited:

Cyb3r_ZER0

Not possible with way more work than anyone would be willing to do (pretty sure about this lol).

The options in the dressing room are tied to the character models and skins.

No idea why hair color slider for a cast, they don't have hair.
(It would help for NPC skins which would get black hair (or whatever default they get) always since you can't change the cast "hair", but NPCs are not enabled in Ephinea so doesn't really matter)
I certainly agree that the work put into doing it is so not worth it for one or two head options. What I was referring to earlier was Racaseal Head 1 with certain costume colors adding a hair like texture. One of those, "why didn't you Sega" moments.

Soly

Meant without in the last reply....
And I see, but yeah that's probably too hard.
Sadly I can't find anymore the stuff kion was working on about model reverse engineering, etc.

Spuz

Without rain, nothing grows.
You are required to be in a team. And the team to have it unlocked (1500TP's) no meseta required