Improvement to auction threads.

Thomas

Guildcard
Hey there.

Many people make auction threads in the trade forums to gauge how much their item is worth or to see if it makes more than they originally thought. Some people will place a bid then retract their bid which is unlike any auction in other games, or any auction in real life. Would it be possible to make a rule for auction threads that states any bid is permanent and can't be retracted? This would stop a lot of time from being wasted in some of these auction threads and improve the general quality of them in my opinion.

It's not fun to receive a big bid on an item then have the bidder back out because somebody noticed they were bidding a high amount then offering the bidder a lower price outside of the auction, or just finding a cheaper price in general.

Thanks.

Last edited:
It can be done but honestly not enforced unless there was an ingame system, as someone can just refuse to trade...

I've thought about setting rules for Auction Threads (and maybe a new section) that people have to follow if they wanna A> on the forums so that it's less dumb (there's a lot of +1'ing, people retracting despite winning, people letting the auction go on forever, and things like that).

I definitely think we should start moderating auction threads though, people really make a mockery of them.

An overhaul would be nice. I was thinking that a default format for auctions that's stickied would be a good idea. Specify what the minimum auction time is and the maximum time. List that you must have bids of atleast 2PD increments etc.

Back