Importing DAT files to SQL

Shade53

Decided to try and switch over to SQL, but don't want to lose what has already been done. So is there any way to import the .dat files over to the SQL tables, and if there is then what settings should I be using. I'm using Navicat to manage my SQL server.

Soly

The DAT files are just binary files so you'd have to parse them and import the data in your database.
I don't know if Tofuman ever finished the tool to migrate from DAT to SQL but since there is no update to public tethealla... I assume he did not?

Shade53

Darn, thing is there doesn't seem to be the necessary 'data' and 'header' fields in these DAT files. Apparently these fields use '(BLOB)'s so if I want to switch from DAT to SQL I'm gunna have to re-create the chars using commands in game. Thanks for the info though~ ^ω^

Soly

Data and header fields necessary?
No, the files are basically dumps of the structures the server uses.
You can use the source code of the server to map the file data to their structures.

Shade53

o_O Thaaat might be a little outta my depth. I think I'll stick to manually transferring everything in via spawning. Already got most of the chars transferred over already, but thanks still for the info~ ^ω^