Howdy all

Grimm Lock

Guildcard
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick hi. I'm an old Dreamcast and GC veteran that's missed PSO (and Sega) since the servers were shut down oh so many years ago. I've never attempted to download and try PSO2 as the game just seems to different to me.
The other day as nostalgia hit me hard, I went into my attic and pulled out my long dormant Dreamcast. It had been powered off since the PSOver.2 servers went offline. Popped in PSO and needless to say.... The memories hit me hard and then a great sadness.
A little Google searching yeilded the PSO BB Ultima and Ephinea servers. I couldn't believe my eyes. PSO LIVES. What a time to be alive! I decided to go with Ephinea as I read some things that I did not like about Ultima. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and how happy I am this exists. Apologies as this turned out to be longer than I expected haha.

Welcome to ephinea!Pso lives and we can use your presence to keep it alive, then others can find their way to ephinea too and will be able to enjoy their nostalgia, cuz there are people who keep it alive..... Pioneer 2! Best decision to join us, the vanilla with sprinkles server <3

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick hi. I'm an old Dreamcast and GC veteran that's missed PSO (and Sega) since the servers were shut down oh so many years ago. I've never attempted to download and try PSO2 as the game just seems to different to me.
The other day as nostalgia hit me hard, I went into my attic and pulled out my long dormant Dreamcast. It had been powered off since the PSOver.2 servers went offline. Popped in PSO and needless to say.... The memories hit me hard and then a great sadness.
A little Google searching yeilded the PSO BB Ultima and Ephinea servers. I couldn't believe my eyes. PSO LIVES. What a time to be alive! I decided to go with Ephinea as I read some things that I did not like about Ultima. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and how happy I am this exists. Apologies as this turned out to be longer than I expected haha.
SQUEEEEeeeee!!! Yet ANOTHER Old Guard Dreamcaster/Cuber returns to the fight! It's ironic you post this just days after mew had posted your exact scenario with the DC console! <3!
*Winces at mention of Ultima* VERY HAPPY you not only chose Ephinea, but you scorned what you 'read about Ultima' which makes you a KEEPER in mew's book! XD!
Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you too! Welcome Home!

Welcome to Ephinea. I play a FOnewearl named Tsun and a RAcaseal named Edna. Feel free to join me if you see those names and if I see you I'll do my best to help you out however I can.

I decided to go with Ephinea as I read some things that I did not like about Ultima.
What would those be? Admittedly I just went with the first server that came up in a google search so I have no idea what's different between this and Ultima

Welcome to Ephinea. I play a FOnewearl named Tsun and a RAcaseal named Edna. Feel free to join me if you see those names and if I see you I'll do my best to help you out however I can.

What would those be? Admittedly I just went with the first server that came up in a google search so I have no idea what's different between this and Ultima
Hi there,
Well from what I gathered it seems Ultima has some kind of pay to win system with donations yielding weapons and such. I'm not too sure how far that goes but I just decided to avoid that system entirely. Hope that answers your question!

Hi there,
Well from what I gathered it seems Ultima has some kind of pay to win system with donations yielding weapons and such. I'm not too sure how far that goes but I just decided to avoid that system entirely. Hope that answers your question!
Mega Oof. Glad I went with Ephinea then. I'd happily donate to Ephinea if that was allowed but yeah pay to win in an MMO sounds awful.

SQUEEEEeeeee!!! Yet ANOTHER Old Guard Dreamcaster/Cuber returns to the fight! It's ironic you post this just days after mew had posted your exact scenario with the DC console! <3!
*Winces at mention of Ultima* VERY HAPPY you not only chose Ephinea, but you scorned what you 'read about Ultima' which makes you a KEEPER in mew's book! XD!
Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you too! Welcome Home!

Are you Mew from Gamefaqs forums a long time ago?

A little Google searching yeilded the PSO BB Ultima and Ephinea servers. ... I decided to go with Ephinea as I read some things that I did not like about Ultima.

I'm coming from a similar situation, but I was never on GC. Mew describes it best, "VANILLA with SPRINKLES". :D

Welcome to the fold, see you in the trenches. Happy hunting!

Back