How would you feel about a new Phantasy Star game dropping in the west?

Kodoku

I've played every game from episode 1&2 on and loved them all for what they were, well except pso2 as the effort to play the game i feel wasn't worth it. Blue Burst is flawed but still IMHO the best game of this series that i have played <3. PSU came close but it didn't have the soul and feel that PSO had. Nothing in the series or other games even came close to how combat feels or how special weapons really felt special (also that music kid <3). I'm kinda miffed there hasn't been a new game in the US and i'm not really sure what i'd want it to be if it did come out. We do have this server which is a blessing i appreciate everyday i'm on it, but what would you want from a new game? Something new or an attempt to rekindle and improve the old?

I'd love to have a new PSO game :) I tried PSO2 a while ago but didn't liked the game mechanics. I'd like a version similar to PSO 1&2 and BB but with a new story, better graphics, more bg musics, more techs and more balanced weapons.

Also it would be nice to have visual effects for armor and other gear (like in other RPG games). An exploration mechanics with vehicles could also be nice :)

as nice as it'd be we didnt even get pso2 so i'm not optimistic about any further chances for anything

In my honest opinion I think the Sonic Team that brought us PSO is long dead--so unless a new team that has respect for the classic feel but enough skill to bring new content that fits the modern era comes along, I'd rather Sega just not even try. PSO2, while admittedly I haven't given it much of a chance, just seems to have gone in all the wrong directions to me. Just like everything else coming from Sega/Sonic Team these days.

idk i like PSO2 but then again I liked Phantasy Star Portable too

Yuji Naka's recently joined Square Enix, maybe we'll see a spiritual successor come out of Square Enix instead? They seem more interested in bringing the more niche titles to the west.

PSO is great, PSU I wasn't a huge fan of. I liked the more story stuff they added but I wish they was attached to your online character. Not as much of a fan of the combat. It what okay. PSO2 is better but it still doesn't quite what I would want. I am all for another try and like a PSO3 or something. Not sure if they would make right though... I am still open to pso2 in America if we are not waiting another x# of years... I would be worried the game would die off or the fact that...PSO2 has a lot of the issues I have with mmos.

Not really sure what would perfect the design.

Sega wont bring bring any PS MMO to the west. That doesn't mean it would never come to the west it just means Sega wont fund it. It just needs an EU/US company to pick it up like they did in SEA . Unfortunately I can't see any company in the EU/US doing this.

Sega wont bring bring any PS MMO to the west. That doesn't mean it would never come to the west it just means Sega wont fund it. It just needs an EU/US company to pick it up like they did in SEA . Unfortunately I can't see any company in the EU/US doing this.
:(

While you're out of luck on Phantasy Star . There IS a huge Sega Dreamcast era title(single-player) getting a sequel this year... Can Yu name this game?

Yeah. Doesn't really help that any "official" US publisher that would pick up a PS MMO would just do everything they can to milk players to dust and not actually try to improve the service they provide. *still bitter about a couple MMOs I enjoyed dying/degrading because of P2W practices*

I honestly don't know how I'd feel about a new PSO game. I thought PSO2 was ok but I don't think it's as good as the original. I went back to PSO because I am so burned out by modern online games. I'm grateful I can always come back to older games.

Back