How To Edit PRS Files Including "unitxt_j.prs" And More

brionac

Alolan Fox
Did you forget about the good old days of having your gear look like this? Did you remember when it used to not be a thing here? Well things have changed a lot since then.

Here's another simple guide for anybody that thought about doing this before, especially since this comes up often when talking about customizing unitxt_j.prs files and setting the language option to Custom at the top right-corner of the Ephinea launcher right before launching the game thanks to @Sodaboy for providing this option. It seems easy, but I didn't think it needed to be spelled out until I noticed that it wasn't that obvious for me until later today.

Here's some tips on how to manually open and edit prs files for yourself with Solybum's Unitxt Editor:

0. Download .NET Core 3.1 Runtime from here so that the cmd.exe can use unitxt.exe properly
1. Download Solybum's Unitxt tool that includes unitxt.exe from here. (Don't click Old Unitxt by mistake.)
2. Copy your prs files from the Ephinea data folder into any other directory that you won't forget.
3. Open cmd.exe and type> cd 'Directory-For-unitxt.exe' Eg: 'C:\Users\You\Downloads\Unitxt\win-x64' (Assuming that it's still in the Downloads folder unzipped, of course)
4. Convert each prs file into a json file by typing this in cmd.exe> unitxt prs -i 'Drag and drop the prs file into the cmd.exe window'
5. Use a text editor program to open up the newly created json file and edit the file however you want.
6. After saving the changes, revert the json file back into a prs file by typing this in cmd.exe> unitxt json -i 'Drag and drop the json file into the cmd.exe window'
7. Replace the old prs files with the newly created prs files from step 6 into the Ephinea data folder.
8. Test out the changes by launching the game, and make sure to have the language option set to Custom at the top-right corner of the Ephinea launcher.

An example of this being done can be found here where I give a zip file of the results.

Now you can have special unitxt files with items in your PSOBB inventory having capital letters everywhere again like back in the console days. I'll leave that as homework for now.

Back