How do you play this game again?

Guildcard
Hey Peeps!

Crazy to see this game is still alive and kickin'! I played PSO offline on the Gamecube back in the day, and played solo through the entire experience (a good friend made a character to "hard" with me, but that was it). Too young to play online when this game had official servers, I leveled a HUcaseal to probably lvl 100 (it blew my mind when I leveled past 99!) without ever stepping out of episode 1 (hard to get out of that comfort zone sometimes, you know?). Looking back on it now, might have been nice to have Resta playing solo!

Anyway, excited to relive some nostalgia, but also to play this game in a whole new way. Keep an eye out for Justify the RAmar on your own guys' journeys.

I'm an open book, so feel free to ask any questions below or shout at me in game. Also, I would appreciate any tips for switching from controller to keyboard.

Hey man, welcome!

Prepare for your mind to be blown with all of the stuff that you have left to learn! I also played PSO when I was quite young on dreamcast and xbox and despite spending tons of time on those systems, I have really only started to touch on understanding the mechanics on this server over the past 2 years. Ramar is a great first character to get back on, both beginner friendly and end-game godly strong. Before you commit to learning how to play on keyboard, know that you can play on controller, such as playstation or xbox. Others will be better at giving you advice since I play with keyboard. I guess my only advice is to be open to learning how to play from veterans on this server. Do the quest TTF (Towards The Future) to level up to ultimate quickly because as you will soon find, the 'real' game actually starts in ultimate.

Get ready for your brain to be blown. This game has a lot going for it, and you can have fun ranging from casual to time attack god level. Don't play solo unless that's your preference, really playing with other people will be how you learn and progress quickly.

Welcome, again. Be friendly in game. Make friends. You'll have a great time if you connect with people and run full 4/4 parties. Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Hey Peeps!

Crazy to see this game is still alive and kickin'! I played PSO offline on the Gamecube back in the day, and played solo through the entire experience (a good friend made a character to "hard" with me, but that was it). Too young to play online when this game had official servers, I leveled a HUcaseal to probably lvl 100 (it blew my mind when I leveled past 99!) without ever stepping out of episode 1 (hard to get out of that comfort zone sometimes, you know?). Looking back on it now, might have been nice to have Resta playing solo!

Anyway, excited to relive some nostalgia, but also to play this game in a whole new way. Keep an eye out for Justify the RAmar on your own guys' journeys.

I'm an open book, so feel free to ask any questions below or shout at me in game. Also, I would appreciate any tips for switching from controller to keyboard.
*Puts Justify-san on her 'POUNCE on SIGHT!' list!* Welcome Home!
Oh....and "How does mew play this game?" With an Xbox360 pad and EVERY PASSIONATE FIBER OF HER BEING! =3 <3

Well, if you're playing a HU, it generally tends to be attack, attack, step back a lil, attack, attack, step back a lil, rinse repeat until room is clear XD

Welcome back to the game dude!

Bring up word select/ symbol chat so you can maneuver around enemies without going into slow-mo. Helps for running past traps in hallways and if you bring it up just right you can 1-2 combo a group of enemies, then step back, then do it again (with a sword) without them hitting you.

I appreciate all the help and good wishes! I will look into buying a controller if all else fails. And, let's be honest, knowing what not to do is sometimes more important than knowing what to do. Look forward to seeing you all in game!

oh yeah dont attack falz while hes got someones soul - and dont attack olga until he starts to look around.
(lol dunno how many people hadda deal with my shit while learning this game)
welcome to ephinea bud, go rek sun. .n.

Back