How do you make Force techs do decent dmg?

Muckbeast

What am I missing?

• Level 110 Fomar. 1042 MST.
  • 200 mind mag.
  • Psycho wand.
  • heavenly/mind
  • adept
  • Three seals/yellow merge/gizonde merge

Very hard forest. 30 Gizonde does 220-250 dmg depending on which shield I use.

What am I missing?

Maybe you can tell us which enemy you were using Gizonde on since some monsters have higher ETH than others. If you want overall stronger techs, you might want to get the additional following:
Magical Piece
Ignition Cloak
Congeal Cloak
Tempest Cloak
Rafoie Merge
Gifoie Merge
Rabarta Merge

What am I missing?

Probably not much.

Even with maxed MST hitting most enemies harder than 300-500 outside of episode 4 or Grants is going to be rare.

Most enemies have a weakness to at least 1 element (including Grants/Megid) so it's worth either experimenting or consulting a guide for max DPS.

For the most part what you lack of in single target technique damage you make up for in ultility e.g. stunlock, and in some situations, ep4 lizards especially - multi target AoE.

Others have touched upon tech boosts, if you're serious about wanting to go down the nukeFO route, I'd suggest reading up about damage cancel (see guides below) as people will probably start nerdraging to you about it sooner or later. You'll also want a red/gifoie merge (or both) for EP4 funtimes.

Technique Weakness Guide
*I've not checked the accuracy of this but it should be good enough to start with. Note that enemies usually change their weakness between vhard and ultimate.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=45

Collette's Beginner Guide
*Despite the information density there is some good advice in here. If it's too dense just ctrl+f for your class, 'force', 'damage cancel' or whatever you're looking for.

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/colettes-general-pso-bb-guide.3356/

Last edited:
Maxing your MST will help as well.
If you want to be super tryhard technuke FO, it might be worth looking into making a fonewm.
- Gets more MST than FOmar
- Gets ra-tech boost as well as gi-tech boost like fomar.

Thanks for all the info.

Sounds like I definitely can't go around blasting techs. I will still be using weapon a lot and need to pay close attention to the specials. Do FO's get a better chance to succeed with specials?

Last edited:
No. Only thing that helps with some specials (arrest, blizzard, confuse for all i rmb) is either being an Android or V501/V502 where V502 boosts hell a lot too. Devils/Demons are always 50% activation rate after ATA check, and others depend only on ATA (berserk/spirit/charge and maybe geist/gush but barely anyone really uses those)

No. Only thing that helps with some specials (arrest, blizzard, confuse for all i rmb) is either being an Android or V501/V502 where V502 boosts hell a lot too. Devils/Demons are always 50% activation rate after ATA check, and others depend only on ATA (berserk/spirit/charge and maybe geist/gush but barely anyone really uses those)
Devils/Demons are also not as effective on Ultimate for androids.
I forget the exact numbers, but it's something like:
Devils: only drops enemies to 75% hp
Demons: only drops hp to 45%

He was talking about a FOnewearl. The mention of Android is only for ''having special boosts''.

And the reduction is afaik:
Fleshies: Demons/Devils- 75/50% HP reduction.
Android: Demon's/Devils- 50/25% HP reduction.

Back