How do item drops work?

portugeek

I have a Pinkal FOnewearl, my girlfriend has an Oran HUnewearl, and my friend has a Skyly HUmar. Me and my friend are usually the ones that create the parties, and we always create it with PSO2 style drops. Yesterday night he was the only one that was lucky.. the /forecast was (Human)(Males). But my girlfriend seemed to be the only that was finding any rares.

In the first game we were doing V-Hard Government Quests, I think we were on 1-2. I had created the game (Pinkal) and she found Branch of Paku Paku. Later on my friend had started a game (Skyly) and I found G-Assassins Arms in V-Hard Endless Nightmare #2. We've been primarily playing on Episode 1.

Well, when I create the games, they are usually the ones that find the Rares, and it's almost always FOrce weapons. They're obviously bummed, as they're both new to the game, and want to be finding Rares they can actually use. Should they be the ones creating the games?

Yes, the person that creates the room is the section ID that determines what drops what. PSO2 drops only makes drops unique to yourself, no one can pick your drops and vice versa, but everyones drops will still be pinkal if the room was made by a pinkal.

There is also a chance you can both get the same item at the same time but I'm not sure if there's any kind of crossover there other than luck.

Last edited:
generally speaking pinkal is going to be mostly fo drops, while skyly will be hunters (swords) and oran will be hunters as well (daggers), so yeah, it might make more sense for them to create the games. you can actually check what drops for what id where on the drop charts on ephinea's main page and plan your games from there.

This should help you!

Bluefull

The ID Bluefull is represented by a dark blue badge. Characters with the Bluefull ID will find partisans the most often, and wands the least often.
Greenill

The ID Greenill is represented by a light green badge. Characters with the Greenill ID will find rifles the most often, and swords the least often.
Oran

The ID Oran is represented by an orange badge. Characters with the Oran ID will find daggers the most often, and rods the least often.
Pinkal

The ID Pinkal is represented by a pink badge. Characters with the Pinkal ID will find wands the most often, and rifles the least often.
Purplenum

The ID Purplenum is represented by a purple badge. Characters with the Purplenum ID will find mechguns the most often, and swords and partisans the least often.
Redria

The ID Redria is represented by a red badge. Redria is a relatively balanced ID, and for the most part, Redria characters stand even chances of finding the different item types. The exceptions are slicers, which are found the most often, and daggers the least often.
Skyly

The ID Skyly is represented by a light blue badge. Characters with the Skyly ID will find swords the most often, and mechguns the least often.
Viridia

The ID Viridia is represented by a dark green badge. Characters with the Virida ID will find shots and partisans the most often, and slicers the least often.
Yellowboze

The ID Yellowboze is represented by a yellow badge. Yellowboze is a very balanced ID, and characters with the Yellowboze ID have about the same chance of finding all different types of weapons. There are unconfirmed rumors that Yellowboze characters will get more meseta dropped.
Whitill

The ID Whitill is represented by a white badge. Whitill is a fairly balanced ID, with relatively even chances of finding the different weapon types. The exceptions are slicers, which are found the most often, and shots the least often.

This comes from phantasystar.wikia

Back