Hosting Server but can not past ship selection, No.100 error

Xeohert

Guildcard
I have been trying to host a server via server hosting from Ec2 amazon. I got both Login and patch services to work and able to connect but the ship is not working. I have the required ports open including a security rule with the server but getting past the ship selection is the only problem I have. Seeing that I am running off a server host and not my router, I do not know how to port forward the required ports from a static IP to the private IP of the server or using NAT. Every other videos and help forums I look up only show multiple public and private IP to forward to a single IP.

When I look at the cmd using netstat -a, I see the login and patch ports are assigned to the private IP of the server, however the ship ports are followed by 0.0.0.0.
Does this mean that the ports are not forwarding properly or is it something else. Is it possible to fix this issue or is the server hosting a lost cause? Also using a windows xp base server.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 51

Soly

The ship listening in 0.0.0.0 means its listening to all addresses so it should work... unless it works differently for servers, which I doubt... you should be able to just put your server IP in the ship server config.

Xeohert

Guildcard
Unfortunately, it does not work. The public IP was set to the override IP while the private was set to the ship and login server. I have recheck the ports to see if they were open and they were. So right now I am not sure why the no100 error appears even though the setup was correct. Right now, I am going 50/50 that its that its Ec2 servers itself or something is wrong with the configuration which I doubt.

Soly

if the private IP was set in the ship, then it's weird that it bound to "any".
There might be something weird there then, yeah.

Xeohert

Guildcard
Seeing that both the login and patch services are able to use the ports but not the ship even though they are set up correctly, it probably has something to do with the server host. I am using cloud services to that may be an issue but I have seen many games host on their services so I am not sure why this is not working correctly. Do I have to manually make the port route to the private IP?

Soly

I cannot really answer that since I'm not entirely sure how your setup works.
I'd first make sure its actually "not working" by connecting to the ship from the browser (specify the port obviously) and check if you have a "new connection" in the ship server

Xeohert

Guildcard
I have tried to connect to the ship service ports via browser and it seems to get cut off half way but went through for both login and patch services even though all 7 ports are open and working. This now confirms my suspicion that its on the server hosting end. I may have to contact them about this issue but nonetheless, you have my gratitude for trying to help me, thank you.