Help with Private Server QoL

Discussion in 'Installation' started by richarddavis, Aug 28, 2020.

1. richarddavis

richarddavis Member

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    I just created my own PSO server via Soda's guide, and I realized that that version is from several years ago and is unfortunately missing many of the things I like about Ephinea. (Namely, the beautiful and practical launcher and the PSO2 drops.)

I know that Soda says he'd rather not release the files for the updated version of Tethealla because of time constraints and the desire not to further split the community, but I'm really only going to use this server for me and a few friends.

All of that said, is there anyone out there who knows enough and would be willing to assist me with these types of things? We can discuss more thoroughly in DM's.

2. Little Vamp

Little Vamp DC-Veteran & PSO-addict

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    Why not just play with all of us here? It's a lot of fantastic friends to have most fun with. Never met a better game-community.

3. Sassmeister

Sassmeister Esther#6503

Guildcard:
    Seems like you're putting yourself through a ton of needless trouble by doing this. Ephinea already has all the conveniences you'd naturally like. Just play here and have your friends come along. Unless you're trying to excel and familiarize with the dev side of PSO, I have no clue as to why anyone would try doing this.

4. Little Vamp

Little Vamp DC-Veteran & PSO-addict

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    Only thing i ever could imagine: If you are totally cut/off from Internet in ANY way for a longer time and want to do some kind of offline LAN-party. Had this ages ago with ad PSO-DC LAN party in the middle of nowhere, where we not even had mobile internet in our houses. But if you have the slightest amount of internet, just play here on the most up2date server.