Help optimizing controller gameplay?

Solthius

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of making the most out of using a controller.

My issues:

My Xbox One controller works relatively well except for the triggers. I can rock the bumper life but it would be great to be able to use the triggers!

Back in the day on the gamecube I remember being able to do combinations of buttons to open a window to quickly switch weapons, use traps, recovery items etc... Is there a way to do that in BB with the xbox controller?

Thanks in advance!(more thanks due upon conveying of advice)

Hey

If you use Steam, you can setup your controller however you like. I'm currently using a Dualshock 4 controller but it works all the same for a Xbone pad.

Follow this guide if you're unfamiliar with Steam and its Controller settings: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/the-super-steam-input-controller-guide.14974/

Here's what my controller's settings looks like:
1moadifHhFJX_2021-08-23_22-33-03.png

Since PSOBB can't use triggers, I've set it so my Triggers actually acts like Bumpers. (So it works just like on Gamecube)

And since I have no bumpers (the Triggers acts like them), I've set the LB as a layout change (on hold, see the 2nd picture) and RB acts like the start button (as Start and Z used the same function on Gamecube... I think?)

I'm also using the Numpad commands thorough the unused buttons left on the controller:
LB+Y : Numpad 1
LB+B : Numpad 2
LB+A : Numpad 3
LB+X : Numpad 4
Select : Numpad 5
LB+Select : Numpad 6
LB+LT : Numpad 7
LB+RT : Numpad 8
RS Click : Numpad 9
LS Click : Numpad 0

Back in the day on the gamecube I remember being able to do combinations of buttons to open a window to quickly switch weapons, use traps, recovery items etc... Is there a way to do that in BB with the xbox controller?
You can access that menu with the RT (or whatever is your palette change button) + Y combination

Last edited:
Back