Hello - Returning player

Eggszecutor

Guildcard
Hi all. I played offline during the Dreamcast iteration and Online (Gamecube) for Episodes 1,2 and 3. I don't know how much I'll be on, but you may see a character named "B".

Also, had a few questions that I couldn't find answers too. Is there a way to connect my gamecube controller to my computer and use that for this game?

Is there a good guide on maximizing keyboard commands?

Any significant differences between PSOBB and PSO E 1&2?

I don't understand Black Paper deals and Coren's Prize list.

In Eps 1&2, you had to unlock areas offline before you can access them. Is the same true now?

Only I can pick up dropped items that I can see?

I don't quite understand the luck system and boost points. Is this how one goes about increasing their odds for the really hard to find items?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but thanks for now. See you on Ragol.

Last edited:
Welcome B!

If you look online you can find different connectors to any PC thus making this game payable with GC controller, yes.

Keyboard commands? Do you mean emotes (dancing) etc?

Hi all. I played offline during the Dreamcast iteration and Online (Gamecube) for Episodes 1,2 and 3. I don't know how much I'll be on, but you may see a character named "B".

Also, is there a way to connect my gamecube controller to my computer and use that for this game? Is there a good guide on maximizing keyboard commands? Thanks.
Aaaaand another Old Guard Dreamcaster/Cuber returns to the fight! Alt+any key will let you do gestures (Alt+Backspace will BOOT you to start menu). If you mean that tantalizing set of hotkeys on the bottom of your screen in combat...that is mostly for Keyboard Kombat types without a pad to play with. As for your old GC pad, yes there are usb adaptors out there that will allow it. Buuuut wired XBOX360/ONE/PS4 pads are plug and play! AND the button layout is similar to the DC/GC set up, so its like 18 years of muscle memory for some of us! =3 VERY Happy you found your way back to us dear! Welcome Home! =3
CRAP...How does mew delete the attachment thingy??? It's NOT WHAT SHE WANTED IT TO BE! =/

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 12
CRAP...How does mew delete the attachment thingy??? It's NOT WHAT SHE WANTED IT TO BE! =/
It’s what I wanted tho

Welcome to Ephinea~ I’m Tsun, self appointed head of the official unofficial Ephinea welcoming committee. If you see me in game, typically a black and purple FOnewearl, then say “hi.” I do my best to support new members and help them hit the ground running so anything I can do to help you out I’d be glad to do.

Anyways as for any significant differences between GC and BB, it’s been a while so I couldn’t note the finer details but Episode 4 is the most glaring example of something different.

In BB all the areas are unlocked by default, so if you wanted to put some hair on your chest you COULD start out with Ruins... I don’t know why you’d want to but the option is there.

As for item drops correct. By default everyone has their own separate drops only they can see and pick up. Now say if you got a drop someone else needed you can pick it up and then drop it and at that point anyone can take it. It’s pretty useful for hunting since you could essentially have four chances to get an item every time it could potentially drop. Also this server has an EXP share system where as long as you’re in the area when an enemy dies you’ll get EXP regardless if you hit them or not. (Though if you didn’t hit them you don’t see the purple numbers but rest assured you ARE getting the EXP.) This feature doesn’t work on bosses though so do your best to hit them. Both of these features can be toggled off when making a party if you want a more authentic experience though most people aren’t going to want to play that way.

I don’t fully understand the boost system myself so someone please correct me if I’m wrong but what I understand of it is every month certain quests are designated as Hunters Boost Road quests. After completing all of them the rate of item drops and rare drops increases when doing those quests. And you can keep doing them to increase your rates but as far as I know only the HBR quests are effected by the increase.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the reply's everyone. I'm not sure I can play this game with a keyboard so I'm going to try to dig up a controller. As I've been playing, one thing I haven't figured out yet is the quick menu that I had available in the gamecube version. I was able to press a button during battle and a menu would pop up that I could cycle through three different menus (weapons, techniques/traps, items). I'm finding that, if say I get hit by poison from a poison lily, I have to F12, cycle to the Techniques menu, find Anti, cast it. I don't have enough slots to keep Anti available and I haven't figured out what appears to be extra shortcuts for the number keys.

Thanks for all of the reply's everyone. I'm not sure I can play this game with a keyboard so I'm going to try to dig up a controller. As I've been playing, one thing I haven't figured out yet is the quick menu that I had available in the gamecube version. I was able to press a button during battle and a menu would pop up that I could cycle through three different menus (weapons, techniques/traps, items). I'm finding that, if say I get hit by poison from a poison lily, I have to F12, cycle to the Techniques menu, find Anti, cast it. I don't have enough slots to keep Anti available and I haven't figured out what appears to be extra shortcuts for the number keys.
We still has that! For us XBOX360 pad users, we simply press the thumbstick and its like hitting F12 in midcombat =3

Any significant differences between PSOBB and PSO E 1&2?

I don't understand Black Paper deals and Coren's Prize list.

In Eps 1&2, you had to unlock areas offline before you can access them. Is the same true now?

Only I can pick up dropped items that I can see?

I don't quite understand the luck system and boost points. Is this how one goes about increasing their odds for the really hard to find items?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but thanks for now. See you on Ragol.

- Episode 4 and it's items are the biggest difference. Although here Ephinea have it's own drop chart so do not use the PSO-world one. A lot of items from episodes 4 have been moved to ep1 and and ep2 so the endgame isn't just an episode 4 spam (and potentially for balancing reason).

- Black paper deal and Black Paper deal 2 are quests that requires a "Photon Crystal" an item you can find in episode 4. If I remember correctly, upon starting the quest and giving the photon crystal you get to choose between one of three doors, these doors lead to different "roads" one of them is a room where you kill rappies, the other is a room of Zus and the last room is a room of dorphon. Completing a road will give you a random item you can see the list here

Coren is an NPC close to the shops who gives randoms items in exchange of mesetas, his list changes everyday. You can see what he gives here

- Areas are all unlocked by default

- Yeah with the PSO2 loot system what drops can only be seen by you, this is the default mode here.

- Luck system is something from PSU, everyday at 00:00 UTC the "luck" change in-game. There's 4 tiers of "luck" Normal/Good/Lucky/Unstoppable. Normal is the default, white name. Good gives a 1% increase to rare drop and is discerned by a...tan colored name. Lucky is a 2% boost to rare drop and is discerned by a yellow name. Unstoppable is a 5% boost to rare drop and discerned by a orange color. To see today's luck type /forecast while in the lobby. Currently it's [Rangers] [Humans] meaning Ramar and Ramarl are the one getting the 2% boost for now. 5% boosts can only affect 1 class at a time but it need to be a very specific forecast, example, [Androids] [Male] [Hunter] would give HUcast a 5% boost for the day. To see your own luck just type /luck.

Whenever you're in the lobby type /help there's a bunch of cool commands you can do, including a name change and ID change as long as its done at level 20 or below.

Welcome to Ephinea~

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies. I have a few more questions.

* Can I use what appears to be the 10 extra keyboard shortcuts (Hexagons on the screen labeled 1-10)? If so, how?

* What's the fastest way to change weapons during battle or access a technique that I don't have on my custom shortcut bar?

* Are section ID's as important now as they were in Episode 1&2 days? What are the current recommendations for Section ID's for a FOnewearl/HUcast?

* I have seen server announcements for rare drops. What's the criteria for these announcements?

* I've accidentally zoomed in my camera angle. How do I zoom back out? This seems to affect all of my characters. Keyboard only right now.

* Is there a guide that lists the best quests to run to find the most of each type of enemy?

I'm trying to understand the HBR boost bonuses a bit more. I get points based on completing specific quests. Afterwards, when doing the specific quests, I get a bonus drop rate and bonus rare drop rate based on the points I've accumulated. These bonuses stack with other players in my group based upon the number of points they have accumulated. Do these bonuses reset every month or at a specific time interval? Do they keep accumulating until you max? Is there a max? Is 300 points the max? What does the ranking system mean/do (i.e. D Rank through SS Rank for HBR)? Does it actually mean anything?

I guess what I'm after is what do I need to do to max my odds of getting item X? Maxing out HBR points and then going along with 3 other buddies who have also maxed their points on a day when my character (class + M/F) has the most luck? Anything else I'm missing?

Last edited:
* Can I use what appears to be the 10 extra keyboard shortcuts (Hexagons on the screen labeled 1-10)? If so, how?
-Yes you have to have keyboard shortcuts enabled. Go to customise, choose any action on the palette to bring up the action list, press a number on a highlighted action to bind.

* What's the fastest way to change weapons during battle or access a technique that I don't have on my custom shortcut bar?
-Hold ctrl and press end. Press right to switch pages.

* Are section ID's as important now as they were in Episode 1&2 days? What are the current recommendations for Section ID's for a FOnewearl/HUcast?
-Section IDs choices vary for what you're trying to hunt, look for anime's section ID guide in the guides section.
Edit: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/the-definitive-section-id-topic-for-ephinea.2518/

* I have seen server announcements for rare drops. What's the criteria for these announcements?
-Usually the rarest items in the game get announced. These are extremely rare to see dropping for most players.

* I've accidentally zoomed in my camera angle. How do I zoom back out? This seems to affect all of my characters. Keyboard only right now.
-Use the wheel on your mouse.

* Is there a guide that lists the best quests to run to find the most of each type of enemy?
-Yes @Spuz wrote a good one, second I'll link the guides you need here in an edit.
Edit: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/monster-box-finding-guide-new.12535/

Edit: HBR info: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/hbr-guide-ranking-system-quest-info.9574/

Edit: Any other info you may need might be here www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/list-of-informative-topics.342/

Last edited:
Back