Hell and Ultimate

Akumasama

So I've been messing around with Hell on Ultimate difficulty on a Cast character, I've got some questions for you expert folks.

1) Does the bonus to status effect debuff that CAST characters get on ultimate apply to Instant Kill (Hell) effect as well?

2) Does V501 and V502 bonus to Instant Kill (1.5 and 2.0) stack?

3) Is there anything that affect the chance to apply instant kill, like your level, or only V501, V502 and similar stuff?

Even with a max grinded ES needle I'm looking at what roughly is ~10% or lower chance to instant kill enemies. I was expecting a sorta higher value.
Thanks for all information!

Thanks for the info.
About the ATA, once you have a yellow number I doubt there's much you can do, plus ES weapons don't come up with additional ATA bonus anyway. They still should have a higher "accuracy" to land special effects compared to normal weapons though, no? I seem to recall this lack of reduction in the land rate of special effects was the big deal with ES weapons.

If I remember the formula for instant kill should be something like this:

Instant Kill chance % = ((your instant kill value) - (target EDK)) * unit multiplier

Which means that it will be impossible to land Hell on any target that has 93 EDK or higher, right?
And there is no gear in game that boosts the instant kill value, other than V501/V502.

So I guess in the end Hell is not worth it in Ultimate difficulty. Maybe in Episode2, but certainly not in Ep1 and Ep4.

Hell + V502 is going to be reliable on most enemies with <70 EDK. This will cover most common trash throughout all of EP2 (and there's some higher EDK targets worth attempting it on like Pan Arms or Sinow Berrills/Spigells). It's true that it's not quite as useful in EP1 and EP4, but most of Forest remains susceptible and Pan Arms are especially vulnerable too. It's also a great alternative to Excalibur for killing EP4 lizards using something like S-Beat's Blades or Jizai.

When it comes to ATA, remember that you'll be using a Hell Raygun/Laser on single targets which mostly eliminates this problem with enemies like Morfos (or any stragglers). Most group targets will also have low EVP to begin with so Rangers can make up the difference and Hunters/Forces can get tons of mileage out of abusing the accuracy glitch with a Hell J-Cutter/Slicer.

In Ep4, Sand Rappy, Satellite Lizard and Yowie don't have a very high EDK, you can still use Hell on them. A 50H S-Beat's Blade is good for the lizards. When you encounter mutiple lizards, release a Freeze Trap to freeze them and lower their high EVP, use SSS on Satellite Lizard and NSS or SSS on Yowie. It's a powerful method for RAcast and RAcaseal.

Back